Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

Can you try removing all of the videos from that folder and adding them back one at a time to see if one of them is causing the conflict?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"philsoft" wrote:
Can you try removing all of the videos from that folder and adding them back one at a time to see if one of them is causing the conflict?

I could... But thats over 500gb of videos.... Why would the other Roksbox channel see the folder clearly?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"cem1701" wrote:
"philsoft" wrote:

I could... But thats over 500gb of videos.... Why would the other Roksbox channel see the folder clearly?

You have over 500GB of videos in one folder??? It is probably loading them then. It just might take a long time to load them up.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"philsoft" wrote:
"cem1701" wrote:
"philsoft" wrote:

You have over 500GB of videos in one folder??? It is probably loading them then. It just might take a long time to load them up.

fwiw, I have more than that and don't have an issue with the normal channel (I haven't tried the cloud)

611,038,752,482 bytes in 526 files
:: Mark
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

A little help please. Ive already paid for the registration since i went over 30days already.
Ive followed the start guide and using a video.xml structure following the guide on the website.

the Category Display Order on the Roksbox Settings is using 'genre' and am using the gridscreen display.
However, the problem i see is that if i have say 50 movies that are all Action genre, then they are displayed all on one row like the picture below.
Its only a single row and is very long. no other rows below that.

This makes it quite difficult to browse going from the leftmost, and then rightmost.

My question is, i hope someone could guide me on the format of the XML or the genre is that

1) FIRST MENU
I see a gridscreen or posterscreen (does not really matter), but just a first category that will show the genre, like the picture below:

2) SECOND MENU
How can i get this gridscreen where it has multiple rows and should only be limited to few columns only (5 or 6 or 7), Sort of like a NetFlix or Crackle grid screen?

thank you in advance...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi,

I had installed Roksbox about a year ago on my Roku and never actually went ahead and set up the trial. Now that I actually need to try it (streaming videos off my NAS) it says my trial is expired. Is there ANY way I can reset the trial for a few days to see how well the app actually works for me? Does anyone know if this is even possible? I just want to actually try the program to see if it fits my needs.

Thanks Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just out of curiosity, is there anyway you / I could setup the roksbox to i could have a related links, or a custom function. I was hoping to have my movie collection, so it would have
<Play>
<Play Trailer>
<Exit>

, or possibly even more functions instead of the current:
<Play>
<Exit>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I need hep setting up Roksbox on Roku-2 using IOmega NAS Home Media network hard drive. I have had all failed attempts with Roksbox Cloud and now Original.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"metalman546 " wrote:
Since about a month or two ago, every time I try to play a HTTP live streaming video from my local NAS, I get a message popping up every 10 seconds or so with the words "HLS segment info". It disappears when I press OK, but reappears every 10 seconds (presumably on every TS segment), making the video virtually unwatchable.

I tested the same video on the same server using the "Simple Video Player" application that comes with the Roku SDK and there is no such problem, so I think it is specific to Roksbox. It happens in both the standard version and beta. This never used to happen so it appears to be caused by an update.

I think there is a "HLS segment info" event sent to the roVideoScreen object each time a new TS file is grabbed, and it looks like Roksbox is responding to this message by displaying the message on screen.

I have the same "HLS segment info" popup problem with Roksbox described above. Has anyone found a solution?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have been using a WD MyBookLive drive with Roksbox for a while with a lot of success. I just purchased a new Seagate Central 4 TB drive that I would like to get working with Roksbox as well, but am having trouble getting the settings to work. I have DLNA enabled on the drive and can see it within Windows. I am just not sure how to configure the settings in Roks to get it to work. I have tried pointing to http://ip address//Public/Videos for videos, but it is not working.
0 Kudos