Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

when i view videos on the roksbox on the first screen it shows the files on different lines based on the what directory it is in. is there a way to make other screens do the same.

for example if i pick a tv show on the first screen the second screen is just one line showing all the seasons with a third screen being the episodes. is it possible that the second screen be show each season on a separate line without having to go to a third screen to do episodes
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"btalexander" wrote:
when i view videos on the roksbox on the first screen it shows the files on different lines based on the what directory it is in. is there a way to make other screens do the same.

for example if i pick a tv show on the first screen the second screen is just one line showing all the seasons with a third screen being the episodes. is it possible that the second screen be show each season on a separate line without having to go to a third screen to do episodes

separate the videos into season folders, nested within the main folder for the show.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"philsoft" wrote:
"btalexander" wrote:

separate the videos into season folders, nested within the main folder for the show.

They are. This gives me a list if the seasons then when I pick one the episodes of that season. I'd like it to look like the first screen where the contents of each folder would be displayed on a separate line
0 Kudos
Level 7

I am currently doing the 30 day eval of this Chanel and have been able to get my local movies set up with posters, content, etc. My movies play and everything seems to function as designed.

Now that I am using it, I had a few quick questions:
- can you somehow jump straight to the videos section at startup? Once all set up I do not use the other options
- if not, can you disable the music and photos menu items?

thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"farside847" wrote:
I am currently doing the 30 day eval of this Chanel and have been able to get my local movies set up with posters, content, etc. My movies play and everything seems to function as designed.

Now that I am using it, I had a few quick questions:
- can you somehow jump straight to the videos section at startup? Once all set up I do not use the other options
- if not, can you disable the music and photos menu items?

thanks!

IIRC there is an option to choose which folder is highlighted at startup.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"philsoft" wrote:
IIRC there is an option to choose which folder is highlighted at startup.

Yeah, but it almost seems like it starts a second app to display videos. Makes sence that I could start that app right off the bat and bypass the first set of navigation. Maybe this tool is too much overkill for me if all I want is videos...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just set up everything on my roku and PC using IIS method.
When I try to search for the media ip, or if I input the media IP and click next, roksbox just closes. Start the channel back up and it asks me to set up again. Rinse, repeat. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"Garbanian" wrote:
When I try to search for the media ip, or if I input the media IP and click next, roksbox just closes. Start the channel back up and it asks me to set up again. Rinse, repeat. Any suggestions?

Videos need to be encoded to very exacting standards. Are you able to see a directory listing by pointing a browser to the I.P. address?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"philsoft" wrote:
"Garbanian" wrote:

Videos need to be encoded to very exacting standards. Are you able to see a directory listing by pointing a browser to the I.P. address?

I can't even set the IP is the problem.
When I set it manually, it goes to "working" for 20 seconds and then closes to the channel selection screen.
If I have the wizard set up the IP automatically, it just closes to channel selection screen.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"Garbanian" wrote:
"philsoft" wrote:
"Garbanian" wrote:

I can't even set the IP is the problem.
When I set it manually, it goes to "working" for 20 seconds and then closes to the channel selection screen.
If I have the wizard set up the IP automatically, it just closes to channel selection screen.

That is what I mean... If you point your web browser to http://192.168.x.xxx with whatever the IP address replacing the x's above, do you see a directory listing?
0 Kudos