Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msk417
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

Hello, quick question. I tried to locate the answer, but there is so much info.

Question: Can I have video on BOTH a USB flash drive and a web server and in my XML file specify one video is in one location (USB) and then the next video from another (Web Server)?

Followup question: Can I have my XML file located on a web server telling my Roksbox to play videos from my locally attached USB drive (on repeat), and then update the XML file to tell it to play a new video from a web server?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"ToBeFrank" wrote:
Is this where we report bugs? I am using a directory structure for my videos. I have an xml file for each episode. In "poster screen" mode (my preferred mode), in the screen where you select from the list of episodes, the title of the episode (from the xml file) is not displayed. Only the file name is displayed. The title is correctly displayed if you use "grid screen" mode.

Thanks for the info. I will check on this.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"msk417" wrote:
Hello, quick question. I tried to locate the answer, but there is so much info.

Question: Can I have video on BOTH a USB flash drive and a web server and in my XML file specify one video is in one location (USB) and then the next video from another (Web Server)?

Followup question: Can I have my XML file located on a web server telling my Roksbox to play videos from my locally attached USB drive (on repeat), and then update the XML file to tell it to play a new video from a web server?

Thanks!

When you set up Roksbox, you tell it whether you are using a web server, a USB device, or one of the supported cloud services. Roksbox will use only this device or service to play media files. However, although not quite as convenient as what you would like to do, you can set up multiple profiles, each with a different device or service. This way you can select your device or service by selecting the appropriate profile.

I will consider having multiple sources from the same profile in a future upgrade.
0 Kudos
Arwen
Level 7

I finally started adding Music Playlists. They work great though I can't seem to get the album art working.
Regardless of the picture's path, it simply does not pick it up.

Is there a trick to the "playlist.txt" file's album art path?
Arwen Evenstar
Middle Earth
0 Kudos
maw4156
Level 8

Problem connecting/launching

I have Roksbox set up on three different Rokus throughout the house. It worked great on Monday night. No issues at all I tried to connect last night and nothing. I clicked on the Roksbox icon and it would never "load." I left it for a minute to see if it would launch and it didn't. I tried it on all three of the Rokus again this AM with the same result. Before I go through the hassle of deleting the channel and reloading it on all three Rokus, I figured I would check to see if others were having the same issue or if something changed.

Thanks for any help!!
0 Kudos
philsoft
Level 8

"maw4156" wrote:

I have Roksbox set up on three different Rokus throughout the house. It worked great on Monday night. No issues at all I tried to connect last night and nothing. I clicked on the Roksbox icon and it would never "load." I left it for a minute to see if it would launch and it didn't. I tried it on all three of the Rokus again this AM with the same result. Before I go through the hassle of deleting the channel and reloading it on all three Rokus, I figured I would check to see if others were having the same issue or if something changed.

Thanks for any help!!

You sure nothing changed in your router or server?
0 Kudos
JSW
Level 7

Hi,

Not quite a year ago I had asked about the possibility of having a delete option added, hopefully with a verification message before the file is actually deleted. Ideally, I'd like to have it set up somehow with a configuration file, so that the user could pick which folders the delete option appears on.

WilDD had replied that it was on his to-do list. I was just wondering if you had an update on this?

Thanks as always for all your work!
0 Kudos
maw4156
Level 8

"philsoft" wrote:
"maw4156" wrote:

Thanks for any help!!

Nope nothing changed. Like I said - worked great Monday night. But tried again on Tuesday night and I couldn't get the channel to launch. If no one else is having an issue, I can try and delete the channel and try again.
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

"maw4156" wrote:
"philsoft" wrote:
"maw4156" wrote:

Thanks for any help!!

Nope nothing changed. Like I said - worked great Monday night. But tried again on Tuesday night and I couldn't get the channel to launch. If no one else is having an issue, I can try and delete the channel and try again.

And the obvious, you have turned off your router and rebooted, along with the Roku's, right?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
philsoft
Level 8

"krisbee" wrote:
And the obvious, you have turned off your router and rebooted, along with the Roku's, right?

And reboot the server.
0 Kudos