Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"krisbee" wrote:
"SynGamer" wrote:
I'm trying to setup the IIS on Windows 7 and the PDF guide says "Using a web browser, navigate to the machine’s IP address. You should see a folder structure similar to the below."

This isn't working for me. I tried my IP (used Google to find it) and it won't load in any of my browsers...help?

are you sure that is your ip address and not your routers ip address to the outside world?

I've tried what Google says as well as 127.0.0.1, neither work.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"SynGamer" wrote:
"krisbee" wrote:
"SynGamer" wrote:
I'm trying to setup the IIS on Windows 7 and the PDF guide says "Using a web browser, navigate to the machine’s IP address. You should see a folder structure similar to the below."

This isn't working for me. I tried my IP (used Google to find it) and it won't load in any of my browsers...help?

are you sure that is your ip address and not your routers ip address to the outside world?

I've tried what Google says as well as 127.0.0.1, neither work.

Your IP address probably starts with 192.168
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"philsoft" wrote:
Your IP address probably starts with 192.168

That takes me straight to my router login page.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Your PC ip will be in the form of 192.168.n.n

Go Start - All Programs - Accessories - Command prompt ..... type ipconfig /all

Look at tthe output for a line starting iPV4 Address .... 192.168.n.n (Preferred)

That's the ip address you need.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"castalla" wrote:
Your PC ip will be in the form of 192.168.n.n

Go Start - All Programs - Accessories - Command prompt ..... type ipconfig /all

Look at tthe output for a line starting iPV4 Address .... 192.168.n.n (Preferred)

That's the ip address you need.

And you do this on the machine that's hosting the web server...
:: Mark
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Ended up installing Plex. Tried all three options for Roksbox (mongoose, IIS, and Apache), none of them worked and none of the tutorials explained what to do at certain points. So yeah, Plex is free and installed in seconds with minimal setup.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Its' not for everybody - for those of us comfortable with setting these things up it can be more powerful and customizable, and work on a variety of platforms, but plex makes things easier for those who don't want to tinker.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"krisbee" wrote:
Its' not for everybody - for those of us comfortable with setting these things up it can be more powerful and customizable, and work on a variety of platforms, but plex makes things easier for those who don't want to tinker.

Oh, I don't mind tinkering. I spent over 3 hours between all three options last night, and then another hour this morning. I was finally able to get localhost to work by disabling IIS. Apache was installed and I *thought* configured, but none of the guides advised where the media needs to be specifically.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

New version of Roksbox available - V2.0

This upgrade is different than previous upgrades. This upgrade does not replace the previous version of Roksbox (V1.x). Because of the drastic change of the look and feel of this version, the previous version will still be available for those who prefer to stay with that UI.

The new version also has a new name - Roksbox Cloud. The goal of Roksbox Cloud is to continue to add cloud services to Roksbox's streaming capabilities. The current version of Roksbox Cloud will stream media from all of the devices of the previous version (web server, USB, and various NAS devices), plus Dropbox, and Hipserv based devices (Seagate GoFlex Home, NETGEAR Stora, Verbatim MediaShare, and LaCie InternetSpace). Roksbox Cloud will continue to add more cloud services over the next several months.

If you are currently using Roksbox V1.x, you can also add V2.0 to your channel lineup. In this case, Roksbox V2.0 will use the same settings you already have in V1.x. If you continue to use both versions, making a change in one version will also make the same change in the other version. However, since there are features in V2.0 which don't exist in V1.x, such as additional cloud services, these features will not show up in V1.x after added to V2.0. You can continue to use both versions, or you can remove one of them. It's recommended that you choose one, and remove the other one.

Currently registered Roksbox users can use Roksbox Cloud without having to register again. New Roksbox users will get 30 days to try Roksbox Cloud before having to register. However, if you have already used part of your 30 day trial with Roksbox V1.x, those used days will apply to Roksbox Cloud. If you need to extend your trial, let me know.

To add Roksbox Cloud to your Roku channel store, go to https://owner.roku.com/add/CU2SC.

Here are some screenshots.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

HI Guys,

is there a way i can add Roksbox for Canadian Roku account? please let me know code
0 Kudos