Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"Thangar" wrote:
The Cisco link was much easier to follow thank you for that; but its mission accomplished to no avail. It is still taking 5min. to go from my selection of Roksbox to the "My Videos" icon and 3 min after that to learn that Roksbox can't find anything. Any other thoughts?

It sounds almost like it isn't connecting to the internet. You are having no problem loading other channels?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Several things could be happening.

1) Your web server (Mongoose) may not be serving data. Check to see if the service is running. It may have been modified by an update and your old config is corrupted.

2) Do you have any other PCs at your place? If so see if you can connect to Mongoose with one of them.

3) You may need to uninstall and reinstall Mongoose. If possible save your config as a reference but do not trust that is is fine. Reconfigure Mongoose as if it were a new install. I'd make a restore point before doing that. I consider this to be a last resort option.

4) Unplug your Roku2 and plug it back in. I have one and that helped when Roksbox got slow. I think that Roksbox may cache some data and clearning it out via a reboot is what helped me.

5) Your firewall may be acting up. I have seen some firewalls turn themselves back on after a Windows update even though it has been specifically disabled. Trust but verify.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"philsoft" wrote:
"Thangar" wrote:
The Cisco link was much easier to follow thank you for that; but its mission accomplished to no avail. It is still taking 5min. to go from my selection of Roksbox to the "My Videos" icon and 3 min after that to learn that Roksbox can't find anything. Any other thoughts?

It sounds almost like it isn't connecting to the internet. You are having no problem loading other channels?

I was thinking the same but all of the other channels that I try function normally - with one exception of course...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

At this point, I would delete it and readd it... which is a pain... Or find the beta code somewhere in this thread and install that and see if it is snappy..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"navilor" wrote:
Several things could be happening.

1) Your web server (Mongoose) may not be serving data. Check to see if the service is running. It may have been modified by an update and your old config is corrupted.

2) Do you have any other PCs at your place? If so see if you can connect to Mongoose with one of them.

3) You may need to uninstall and reinstall Mongoose. If possible save your config as a reference but do not trust that is is fine. Reconfigure Mongoose as if it were a new install. I'd make a restore point before doing that. I consider this to be a last resort option.

4) Unplug your Roku2 and plug it back in. I have one and that helped when Roksbox got slow. I think that Roksbox may cache some data and clearning it out via a reboot is what helped me.

5) Your firewall may be acting up. I have seen some firewalls turn themselves back on after a Windows update even though it has been specifically disabled. Trust but verify.

1) service is running; 2) I can access mongoose from my other computers; 3) I runinstalled mongoose 2.8, downloaded and reinstalled ; 4)rebooted Roku2; and 5) the firewall is disabled....nothing
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Wrong aspect ratio for mkv files

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a Roku or Roksbox issue. I'm able to stream .mkv files across the network from my NAS to the Roku via Roksbox. Some files play absolutely fine. Others show the video at the wrong aspect ratio. Working and non-working mkvs are h264 encoded with AC3 audio. I think that the ones which don't work may all be letterboxed (ie ones wider than 16:9) films encoded from DVD. I'm seeing the video correctly filling the width of the screen, but the height is only about half of what it should be, so the video is squashed.

If I remux the video and audio into an mp4 file (eg ffmpeg -i ironman.mkv -acodec copy -vcodec copy ironman.mp4) then the files play back fine, so there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the streams. It appears that the container parsing is getting the size wrong. I suspect it's misinterpreting the PAR/DAR information or something. I could remux all my videos to .mp4, however the mkvs contain the DVD chapter information, and some contain subtitles, which I'd have to lose if I did that.

I'm not sure whether it's roksbox or Roku which parses the container. If this is a Roku issue I'll take it up with their support.

Thanks.
Roku 2 XS
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Wrong aspect ratio for mkv files

"risimmons" wrote:
I'm able to stream .mkv files across the network from my NAS to the Roku via Roksbox. Some files play absolutely fine. Others show the video at the wrong aspect ratio

It's a Roku issue... The core thread talking about it is here:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=50847
:: Mark
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Wrong aspect ratio for mkv files

"midiwall" wrote:
"risimmons" wrote:
I'm able to stream .mkv files across the network from my NAS to the Roku via Roksbox. Some files play absolutely fine. Others show the video at the wrong aspect ratio

It's a Roku issue... The core thread talking about it is here:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=50847

Great, thanks!
Roku 2 XS
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm trying to setup the IIS on Windows 7 and the PDF guide says "Using a web browser, navigate to the machine’s IP address. You should see a folder structure similar to the below."

This isn't working for me. I tried my IP (used Google to find it) and it won't load in any of my browsers...help?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"SynGamer" wrote:
I'm trying to setup the IIS on Windows 7 and the PDF guide says "Using a web browser, navigate to the machine’s IP address. You should see a folder structure similar to the below."

This isn't working for me. I tried my IP (used Google to find it) and it won't load in any of my browsers...help?

are you sure that is your ip address and not your routers ip address to the outside world?
0 Kudos