Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brittmd99
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

I saw an article in the March 2012 issue of MaximumPC about this product. I was following the steps listed there. When I got to the step about adding it to my Roku, I added the channel fine, but when I go to it on the Roku it says my 30 day trial has expired. Now I will gladly pay the 15 bucks once I see this thing work, but I'd like a trial period to see if it actually does work before I plunk down said 15 bucks. This is the only place I could find on the whole roksbox.com website where I could even contact anyone.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
hozedhead
Level 7

"brittmd99" wrote:
I saw an article in the March 2012 issue of MaximumPC about this product. I was following the steps listed there. When I got to the step about adding it to my Roku, I added the channel fine, but when I go to it on the Roku it says my 30 day trial has expired. Now I will gladly pay the 15 bucks once I see this thing work, but I'd like a trial period to see if it actually does work before I plunk down said 15 bucks. This is the only place I could find on the whole roksbox.com website where I could even contact anyone.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have a used Roku? That could be the problem, if someone else used it to sign up with Roksbox previously. The thing to do would be to PM WillD, the developer of the channel and see if you can work something out.
Roku Express 3900RW software v8.10
0 Kudos
brittmd99
Level 7

I got it new a couple of years ago. I suppose I could have added the channel in the past...I'll PM the dev and see if that could be the case. Like many people, I've tried many things to use the Roku to get to media on my computer.

Thanks for your reply!
0 Kudos
martinsono
Level 7

I have been using Roksbox now for about 2 months and loving it!

I have one request (maybe two):

-Are there plans to add a delete button? It would be nice to be able to delete videos after watching them from Roku
-Also, can a play all button be added?

Other than that, I great addition to Roku.
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

"martinsono" wrote:

Also, can a play all button be added?

Actually, it is there already for a subfolder - just hit play when in a subfolder (not enter) and there is the option, along with a shuffle.
0 Kudos
martinsono
Level 7

"krisbee" wrote:
"martinsono" wrote:

Also, can a play all button be added?

Actually, it is there already for a subfolder - just hit play when in a subfolder (not enter) and there is the option, along with a shuffle.

Thanks, that is good to know.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"JohnRH" wrote:
Are you using a web server, or are you using USB?

Mongoose web server on W7 Home Premium, wired Ethernet.
Roku XD & Roku2 XS

Thanks - John

There was a problem using photo thumbnails with Mongoose. It is now fixed in version 1.24.6 which I just released. You should get it automatically within 24 hours, or you can enter and exit the Channel Store to pick it up.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"hannaman" wrote:
"WilDD" wrote:
"hannaman" wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked already, but I couldn't find the answer. Does Roksbox use any default character encoding and if so, can it be changed? I have some directories and files that have special characters (accents, umlats, etc), but they do not show up correctly in roksbox. I am able to get them to display correctly in apache by adding "IndexOptions +Charset=UTF-8" to my .htaccess file, but it looks like roksbox doesn't respect that option.

Thanks

Give me a list of the special characters you use, and I can add them to Roksbox.

Here is a list of ones that I know I am using
ä,ë,ï,ö,ü,ÿ,é
I got around the problem by replacing non-ascii characters in my music directory and file names, but it would be nice if these would display correctly.

Thanks

These should now work with version 1.24.6 on Roku 2. I couldn't get them to work on the original Roku, but I will do some more research on it. You should get version 1.24.6 within 24 hours, or you can enter and exit the Channel Store to pick it up.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

New version available - V 1.24.6

Besides a few fixes, this version now supports episodes when using nfo files with ThumbGen. You will need to use a ThumbGen episode sheet (as opposed to a normal movie sheet) for each episode.

You should get V1.24.6 automatically within 24 hours, or you can enter and exit the Channel Store to pick it up sooner.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
WetFactory
Level 7

I just got Roksbox up and running after a long hiatus. It's great to have access to my media from the Roku.

A few questions:

It seems I cannot connect to the Mongoose web server when my computer (Windows 7) is in sleep mode. Is this something within the web server, or a router setting?

Is there a way to shuffle all music tracks across all folders - artist and album?

I played an album last night, and the song order was messed up. It went:

1. [track name]
10. [track name]
11. [track name]
2. [track name]
3. [track name]

...and so on. Is there a way to fix this, outside of removing any numbers preceding tracks in my collection (if that's where they originated).
0 Kudos