Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"henrymiller" wrote:
I had been using the official USB channel for a couple months until I discovered Roksbox this week. It is everything I had hoped the official channel would be and more. I plan on registering this weekend. Excellent work.

Yes, Roksbox has been used a LOT around our house.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"jasonkresge" wrote:
I apologize if this question has been answered, but it's hard to dig through thousands of posts even with search. I'm looking for a way to use XML to organize the display order of videos within a subcategory only, for example:

I want "The Game" to come before "Green Lantern." How would I do this with XML?

In order for Roksbox to run efficiently, it displays the videos in the same order that they appear in the xml file (no reordering). You can change the order in which they appear by either manually moving them within the xml file, or if you use Personal Video Database, you can do this:

Open Personal Video Database
Click View -> Sort by ->ID
For each video, create an ID which will put the videos in the order you want them when sorted by the ID.

To create an ID, click the Edit icon, then create or change the ID, which is in the upper left hand corner.

Once you have created an ID for each video, recreate your xml file.

Your videos will now be ordered by ID within your xml file, and will appear in this order in Roksbox.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hallo!

Hey, I'm in need of finding a NAS. I've seen all kinds and am a bit overwhelmed!

I saw this one --> http://us.zyxel.com/Products/details.aspx?PC1IndexFlag=20050125090459&CategoryGroupNo=A545FB76-A8CF-...

All it needs is a HDD and your good to go .. but what has kept me from getting that is that HDD are pretty pricey right now for some reason! I really don't want to wait for the prices to drop or one of these resellers like NewEgg or TIger to have a blow out sale.

I'd like to keep it below $200 and have at the min 1Tb although the best would be 2tb but I'm not trying to be greedy.

If you could kindly email me at -->> i.need.a.nas@handlersspot.net <<-- and give me all the particulars that'd be great! That mail address will go poof in a week or so. I hope the community can help me out so I can get this data of my PC! =)

Thanks again!!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hello -- recently got roksbox up and running and I have gone through the registration fee and have been unable to register my roku with the 6 character code.

After going to roksbox.com/register and logging in, I'm returned to the Subscription Plans page and it appears I cannot view anything else on the site unless I logout.

Could someone pass along information on how I can register? My one roku is now beyond the 30 day window and I would be interested in getting access back to my network via Roksbox.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"weldunn" wrote:

Could someone pass along information on how I can register? My one roku is now beyond the 30 day window and I would be interested in getting access back to my network via Roksbox.

Try sending a private message to WilDD
Roku Express 3900RW software v8.10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I see that Youtube video tutorial has been removed from the Roksbox, but has the videoqueue.xml functionality been removed as well, or is it still present? I would like to use some RSS feeds or video feeds using this approach. If the XML needs to be changed (there's an XML tag for "YouTube"), then what needs to be changed to achieve the functionality without using it to stream YouTube videos?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"Oldschool" wrote:
I see that Youtube video tutorial has been removed from the Roksbox, but has the videoqueue.xml functionality been removed as well, or is it still present? I would like to use some RSS feeds or video feeds using this approach. If the XML needs to be changed (there's an XML tag for "YouTube"), then what needs to be changed to achieve the functionality without using it to stream YouTube videos?

Unfortunately YouTube functionality had to be removed from Roksbox because of licensing issues.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I couldn't find the answer. Does Roksbox use any default character encoding and if so, can it be changed? I have some directories and files that have special characters (accents, umlats, etc), but they do not show up correctly in roksbox. I am able to get them to display correctly in apache by adding "IndexOptions +Charset=UTF-8" to my .htaccess file, but it looks like roksbox doesn't respect that option.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Level 7

"jasonkresge" wrote:
I apologize if this question has been answered, but it's hard to dig through thousands of posts even with search. I'm looking for a way to use XML to organize the display order of videos within a subcategory only, for example:

I want "The Game" to come before "Green Lantern." How would I do this with XML?

I haven't tried this, but if you are using Apache for your web server, you could try some of the mod_autoindex options (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mo ... index.html).
For example, you could add a description to your files (such as the file name without "the", "an", or "a") in the order that you want them listed in the index and sort on that using an .htaccess file.
Something like this added to .htaccess :
AddDescription Game "The Game.mp4"
AddDescription "Green Lantern" "Green Lantern.mp4"
IndexOrderDefault Ascending Description

With lots of movie files, I can see that this might get out of hand quickly, but it is an interesting idea and I might give this a shot to see how well it works.

*EDIT*
I just tried this method out with a small subset of my movies and it works. "The Jungle Book" shows up before "Jurassic Park". Now I only have to create script to build all the .htaccess files dynamically ...

*EDIT 2*
Ok, I got my script working. This works really well even though I only have about 350 movies. Next step is to create some sort of look up table that can be used in special cases. For example "Shrek the Third" should always come before "Shrek Forever After".
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It appears that all RoksBox posts are here in on long thread. If there are subcategories I will move my post.

1. I am unable to get RB to find my music.xml file. It is in my music root folder and shows up as a playlist(!). And it plays just fine as a playlist. The file was created with Music Monkey and I entered the file name into the RB Options Music XML file name as music (Path: Media/Music/music). All my music is in the Music folder and after RB tells me it can't find the XML file it defaults to directory structure mode and imports everything nicely.

2. What is the Music Root folder that shows in RB? The XML file is supposed to be in the "music root folder". Is this related to my problem? Does the music.xml file belong in the same folder as playlist.xml files or do I misunderstand the term "music root folder"?

thanks much
ron

**EDIT** After a solid six hours of rereading all instructions and remaking all paths to server etc. I have discovered that the MUSIC XML File Name must have .xml appended to it. I am surprised RB is so finicky about this. It's not like other file types are ever used.

So now that I have my XML working I am wondering if it is possible to search by genre or composer?

thanks,
ron
0 Kudos