Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"WilDD" wrote:

It can be done within PVD. Just edit each movie, and change the Genre. When you create the XML file, it will be there.

That will still be a lot of work for 200+ movies. I will probably have something within Roksbox to do this, but I'm not sure how it will work yet, or when it will be available.

So, we can expect this by Tuesday? :twisted: Smiley LOL

Seriously Thanks for your work, No rush.

Did you change something about bif file loading? The delay between pressing play and the appearance of the blue progress bar when there is a bif file present seems much less.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"Gilgamesh" wrote:
"WilDD" wrote:

It can be done within PVD. Just edit each movie, and change the Genre. When you create the XML file, it will be there.

That will still be a lot of work for 200+ movies. I will probably have something within Roksbox to do this, but I'm not sure how it will work yet, or when it will be available.

So, we can expect this by Tuesday? :twisted: Smiley LOL

Seriously Thanks for your work, No rush.

Did you change something about bif file loading? The delay between pressing play and the appearance of the blue progress bar when there is a bif file present seems much less.

There you go again, being impatient. Smiley Happy

I didn't change anything with the bif files. Maybe Roku made a change in their latest version that speeded up that process.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"WilDD" wrote:

There you go again, being impatient. Smiley Happy

I didn't change anything with the bif files. Maybe Roku made a change in their latest version that speeded up that process.

What do you mean "impatient"?? I have given you until next Tuesday. That's plenty of time for something as simple as this! :mrgreen:

I have noticed a few other apparent improvements in various aspects of Roku's operations. I guess that the latest Roku update has addressed some of the minor issues that have been around for a while. Good things come to those who wait; no matter how unpleasant the waiting is for us "impatient" people.

Now I want the firmware that is in beta. I don't know what it does differently or what it fixes but it is newer than what I have so: I WANT IT NOW!!! (are we there yet?)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I noticed navigating the menus on the Roku is now painfully slow under Roksbox. Any idea why that is? It is so slow. My network is gigbit so I don't think that is it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"rucknrun" wrote:
I noticed navigating the menus on the Roku is now painfully slow under Roksbox. Any idea why that is? It is so slow. My network is gigbit so I don't think that is it.

Which menus are you referring to? Is it the Roksbox option menus, or navigating through the media screens?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Navigating through the dvd covers. If I drill in it works faster.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hello,

Roku HD.
Mongoose Web Server launched as stand alone in root directory serving files. Not installed.
Windows Server 2003 Standard.

I have been playing with Rocksbox for the last couple of days and like it. So far it is perfect for my wife as she loves her Roku. I have been converting all my WMC DVD rips to m4v so she can access them for herself in an easy manner.

I have run into a small snag with XML and the standard poster screen. When you select My Videos all the movies appear with their respective posters. If you stay in the default category and use the down arrow all works as it should when browsing and playing the movies. If you try and switch to a new genre from the category menu going to the right or the left it flashes working on the screen and exits to the Roku channel screen. The posters screen is the option I want to use.

The grid screen seems to work ok for categories but you cannot access the main Rocksbox media selection screen with the up arrow. You are stuck in My Videos and need to hit the home button and re-enter Rocksbox. I would rather not use the grid screen option.

At first I thought maybe it was the XML flie created by PVD. I made one manually based on the minimum requirement to test and had the same results.

<xml>
<viddb>

<movie>
<origtitle>Aliens</origtitle>
<genre>Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi</genre>
<path>C:\Roku\Videos\Aliens-1.m4v</path>
</movie>

<movie>
<origtitle>Fistful of Dollars, A</origtitle>
<genre>Action, Western</genre>
<path>C:\Roku\Videos\A_fistful_of_dollars-1.m4v</path>
</movie>

</viddb>
</xml>

Have I configured something incorrectly on the server?

Regards,

Alex
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"rucknrun" wrote:
"WilDD" wrote:
"rucknrun" wrote:

Which menus are you referring to? Is it the Roksbox option menus, or navigating through the media screens?

Navigating through the dvd covers. If I drill in it works faster.

Are you doing anything to resize the DVD cover images after generating the XML? The jpg renderer that's on the Roku box, coupled with the CPU isn't designed to click-click-click through full-size, full resolution images.

I use an app called EzThumbs to shrink them all down to no more than 200x200 which leaves me images from 9-15k - MUCH faster.

ref:
http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/
:: Mark
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"AlexSG" wrote:
Hello,

Roku HD.
Mongoose Web Server launched as stand alone in root directory serving files. Not installed.
Windows Server 2003 Standard.

I have been playing with Rocksbox for the last couple of days and like it. So far it is perfect for my wife as she loves her Roku. I have been converting all my WMC DVD rips to m4v so she can access them for herself in an easy manner.

I have run into a small snag with XML and the standard poster screen. When you select My Videos all the movies appear with their respective posters. If you stay in the default category and use the down arrow all works as it should when browsing and playing the movies. If you try and switch to a new genre from the category menu going to the right or the left it flashes working on the screen and exits to the Roku channel screen. The posters screen is the option I want to use.

Pick up V1.23.4 to fix this problem (enter and exit the channel store if you don't already have it).

The grid screen seems to work ok for categories but you cannot access the main Rocksbox media selection screen with the up arrow. You are stuck in My Videos and need to hit the home button and re-enter Rocksbox. I would rather not use the grid screen option.

The 12-button remotes have a Back button that will take you out of the Grid screen without exiting Roksbox.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks WilDD. That did the trick this time.

I tried that earlier today due to your suggestions to others. I did not exit right away though. I picked the Rocksbox channel and went to it.

Thanks for quick the help. This is a nice addition to Roku.

Regards,

Alex
0 Kudos