Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WilDD
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"Gilgamesh" wrote:
"WilDD" wrote:
New version - V1.23.0
2. Displaying subcategory information in the information box with xml or nfo files when using the Grid screen.

Well, it's about time!!! :shock: Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, THANK YOU. Works like a charm.

Some people are so impatient. Smiley Happy

I'm still looking at your other request, but I'm not sure it's possible. I looked through the SDK documentation, and didn't see anything about having that capability with http. I'll keep looking though.
0 Kudos
sfeldner
Level 7

"WilDD" wrote:
"sfeldner" wrote:
I'm sorry if this problem has been posted before but I can't search for the problem because the search function ignores the work "stream"...
I did an automatic update to the latest version (I assume) and now I get a popup the says "Stream Started" every time I start a video. This popup must be "OK"ed in order to allow the movie to start. What's happening????

What Roku version are you on?

Version 3.0 Build 2193
0 Kudos
Highlighted
haggie
Level 7

"WilDD" wrote:
"haggie" wrote:
"WilDD" wrote:
Do you get the folder image, or does it say "Image not available"?

Neither. I get a grey image with a circle of dots in the middle for both the subcategory and the video itself. I've never seen a folder image before, but I have seen the "Image not available" image on instances where I had a poster path in the XML file but no image for it on the server yet.

One thought that comes to mind is that my literal path from the root is: Qweb->Videos. The web server path is http://10.0.1.5/Videos/. Could it be looking for a "Videos" directory on the root of the NAS rather than under "Qweb"?

According to what you have said, I believe your web root is Qweb, and you have a folder below that called Videos. If this is the case, your Roksbox setup should be:

Web Server Address: http://10.0.1.5
Media Root Folder: (blank)
Videos Folder Path: Videos

If your setup isn't like this, change it, then try again.

You've got it right. That's exactly how it's already setup. I'm going to look at it all again tonight while checking out the upgrades you made. Please let me know if you have any insight on what the problem might be or how I could possibly test things. I know that 99% of the time, things like this are human error, but I've gone over everything so many times and I can't find any problems with the way I've set it up.
0 Kudos
sharpedge
Level 7

Hey WilDD,

Roksbox is great for movies, but do you have any improvements in the works for music? It'd be nice if it displayed a track listing and allowed you to play a specific track. Also, playlists still display after all the other folders, which makes for a lot of scrolling.

Cheers
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"sfeldner" wrote:
"WilDD" wrote:
"sfeldner" wrote:
I'm sorry if this problem has been posted before but I can't search for the problem because the search function ignores the work "stream"...
I did an automatic update to the latest version (I assume) and now I get a popup the says "Stream Started" every time I start a video. This popup must be "OK"ed in order to allow the movie to start. What's happening????

What Roku version are you on?

Version 3.0 Build 2193

That explains it. You're on the new 3.0 (beta) version. The latest version of Roksbox - V1.23.1 will fix this problem.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"haggie" wrote:
"WilDD" wrote:
Do you get the folder image, or does it say "Image not available"?

Neither. I get a grey image with a circle of dots in the middle for both the subcategory and the video itself. I've never seen a folder image before, but I have seen the "Image not available" image on instances where I had a poster path in the XML file but no image for it on the server yet.

One thought that comes to mind is that my literal path from the root is: Qweb->Videos. The web server path is http://10.0.1.5/Videos/. Could it be looking for a "Videos" directory on the root of the NAS rather than under "Qweb"?

I've been trying to duplicate your problem, and one way I can duplicate it is if my poster files are named Poster.jpg instead of poster.jpg (uppercase P). Check your poster.jpg files, and make sure they are all lowercase.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"sharpedge" wrote:
Hey WilDD,

Roksbox is great for movies, but do you have any improvements in the works for music? It'd be nice if it displayed a track listing and allowed you to play a specific track. Also, playlists still display after all the other folders, which makes for a lot of scrolling.

Cheers

Yes, these are on the list of things to do. I can't say they will be done soon, but I hope they will be done sometime this summer.
0 Kudos
briankh
Level 7

Hello several days ago I created an account the account name is brianhudgel and paid the 15.00 registration fee. When I log in to enter my code from my roku box I keep getting the page asking me to buy a registration. Any information you can give me to help correct this problem would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"briankh" wrote:
Hello several days ago I created an account the account name is brianhudgel and paid the 15.00 registration fee. When I log in to enter my code from my roku box I keep getting the page asking me to buy a registration. Any information you can give me to help correct this problem would be appreciated.

See your PM message.
0 Kudos
JSW
Level 7

Hi,

Is there anyway, using only the video directory structure, to hide certain folders based on the selected user account? For instance, I'd like to be able to setup a user account that only sees G (and maybe PG) rated movies on the Roku in our guest room, so that we don't have "issues" when we have guests with children.

I know I can accomplish this by switching to XML files, but it's easier to maintain my collection using the directory structure. I know I could also accomplish it by putting these movies at a deeper folder level and pointing the user to that level, but that messes up my other user accounts that should see the entire collection.

If this is currently not an option, I'd like to add it to the wish list. Perhaps a way to create a small text file in the root directory (probably named the same as the user account), which would let us list folders to ignore, maybe by just the folder path with a minus sign in front? To really expand on that, maybe a way to ignore individual movies or perhaps entire movie ratings, such as -R to ignore R rated movies? I realize the last part would require XML files of some type to set the movies rating. I use a similar feature in a TOC (table of contents) maker I use for my old AudioTron. It has an optional text file in which I can tell it to ignore folders (genres) such as Audio Books, which are stored in the same directories but which I don't play through my music server.

Thanks again for all your great work!
0 Kudos