Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krisbee
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

Put it in your startup bash script, since you will be the last to log on?
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

Or put a delay on the startup by one minute on the init.d?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
JSW
Level 7

Hi,

I was wondering if it is, or could be possible to have xml files for video subcategories? Mainly what I'm looking for is a way to add a description to the pop-up bubble that appears next to the selected folder or video. Right now if I have a subcategory such as TV/Comedy/xxxxx, when the Comedy folder is highlighted, it has the pop-up bubble next to it with only the word "Comedy" in it. If we could add xml files for these folders, it might include things like a description such as "Includes TV episodes from shows such as 'The Office', 'Seinfeld' and '30 Rock'.

Maybe this is already available and I'm not using it correctly. Otherwise, it would be a nice enhancement - probably extending into the photo and music sections as well.

Thanks for the great product!
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

"wpbear" wrote:
I have been using roksbox with my WD My Book World Edition NAS for about a nine months. I installed apache on it and it works great. The problem I have is apache is not auto starting when the drive boots up. In WINSCP I always have to go into /etc/init.d and run the S80apache file manually after the drive reboots either due to power outage or any need to reboot it.

The s80apache file consists of :

#!/bin/sh

/opt/sbin/httpd -k restart

Does anyone know how to get this file to autorun on each boot of the drive---or otherwise get apache to autostart.

Now that I reread this, I am confused... is your NAS turning on and off frequently? Or are you talking about when you restart your machine? If during your restart of your machine and drive, just add a sleep command "sleep 60 && /opt/sbin..." which will delay your httpd restarting by 60 seconds, long enough for your NAS to come alive. However, that may hang the system 60 seconds on boot, which I think you will have to add another ampersand at the end of the command.

However, if you are talking about your NAS powers on and off but your system doesn't, then you have to add a HAL event (which got replaced by udev), and that is slightly more complicated - you have to find the UUID, or something and let that trigger a command on plugin...

Or, just make a symlink to the s80apache file in your local bin directory, and run it upon reboot of the drive (if you have privleges, otherwise you have to make a quick bash script like the above with a sudo /etc/init.d/s80apache as it's command).
0 Kudos
wpbear
Level 7

"krisbee" wrote:
Or put a delay on the startup by one minute on the init.d?

I was messing with this all last night. I re-installed apache and it put the http.conf back to default and it took me a little to get it back to point to where I actually keep the media files. I found that it does start ok if I point the document root to a lone share. I was using "/shares/public/Shared Videos". While this worked for a manual start of apache I could not get apache to autostart unless I made a separate share. So now I created a share called video and transferred all the video to that share and updated the document root to point to "/shares/video". It now autostarts and I also only need to configure roksbox for the server IP (192.168.15.101:8000) and nothing more. I wish I knew how yesterday to create a one minute delay in the init.d because that may have been the problem, but it doesn't matter now since I am not going to change anything since it now works.
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

Yeah, there is always more than one way to skin a cat. Sometimes kludges work best, sometimes fixing things properly work best. Same results. Looks like you fixed properly opposed to my fix the symptom.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"JSW" wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if it is, or could be possible to have xml files for video subcategories? Mainly what I'm looking for is a way to add a description to the pop-up bubble that appears next to the selected folder or video. Right now if I have a subcategory such as TV/Comedy/xxxxx, when the Comedy folder is highlighted, it has the pop-up bubble next to it with only the word "Comedy" in it. If we could add xml files for these folders, it might include things like a description such as "Includes TV episodes from shows such as 'The Office', 'Seinfeld' and '30 Rock'.

Maybe this is already available and I'm not using it correctly. Otherwise, it would be a nice enhancement - probably extending into the photo and music sections as well.

This is a good idea. I don't think it would be too difficult to do. I should be able to get it in a future release.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"jtinney" wrote:
As I'm nearing the end of my trial I've finally got around to doing BIF files. The software has been great and I've used almost every other feature - nfo, xml, moviesheets, cats and sub-cats, all work great.

Except the BIF files. Now, I get thumbnails and such on Netflix so my Roku isn't completely incapable of doing them. However, I get:
'frames unavailable use bar for search'

The frame I'm navigating away from is shown, but no others. I've tried several bif files made from the SDK with ffmpeg and biftool, I've tried the sample BIF files and I've tried BIF files made with BIF Video File Creator 2 and they all have exactly the same result.

I've tried different sizes and sampling rates (from every frame, every second and every 10 seconds to whatever BIF video is using). All my bif files are able to successfully extract into their source JPEG files without any issue at all.

I'm using a USB hard drive for my source. My movies are MKV files and all play great.

Roku Model 2100x, version 2.9, build 1529
Roksbox v1.20.6

Any help and/or further troubleshooting tips are greatly appreciated. If anyone needs more information please just let me know and I'll do my best.

I got a response from Roku on this that said BIF files were only designed to work over http. I don't know if they plan on making them work with USB.
0 Kudos
jhumphrey
Level 7

Need help registering my Roku box with Roksbox. I when to the register screen and logged into roksbox website. I never received a place to enter the code that the Roksbox channel gave me. I only received the subscription page. I purchased the subscription and I still do not get the screen to enter the code from the channel.
0 Kudos
ams
Level 7

"WilDD" wrote:
"JSW" wrote:
Hi,

This is a good idea. I don't think it would be too difficult to do. I should be able to get it in a future release.

Yes, I would like this also for exactly the same reason. Wonderful product and thanks for looking into the bif thing. Too bad Roku didn't forsee its use for USB files also.
0 Kudos