Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: roksbox -help for the challanged

I have been messing with trying to get this channel working for a good while.
wonder if someone would be so good as to walk me through the set up.

My ip is 192.168.1.3

I have my main folder as "media" on drive c:

I change the line on the moongoose setup to point to c:\media\photos,c:\media\videos

on the roku setup i have 193.168.1.3\media

when i click on the My Fotos , nothing happens
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"mfg45" wrote:
  • My ip is 192.168.1.3

• I have my main folder as "media" on drive c:

• I change the line on the moongoose setup to point to c:\media\photos,c:\media\videos

• on the roku setup i have 193.168.1.3\media

Your mongoose config should look like:
# Mongoose web server configuration file.
# Lines starting with '#' and empty lines are ignored.
root c:\media\
ports 80
access_log c:\mongoose_access_log.txt
error_log c:\mongoose_error_log.txt

roksbox:
Media Location: http://192.168.1.3
Video Folder: Videos

See if that helps...
:: Mark
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"mfg45" wrote:

Change that to 193.168.1.3
Are you sure it is 193 and not 192?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"mfg45" wrote:

My ip is 192.168.1.3

I have my main folder as "media" on drive c:

I change the line on the moongoose setup to point to c:\media\photos,c:\media\videos

I'm a bit confused on how you have your Mongoose config file set up (aliases?). Could you post your whole config file? If so, we can probably tell you exactly how to setup Roksbox.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

Don't know how I missed this earlier, but I just tried it on my NSLU2 NAS running Debian Linux and lighttpd.

Takes a while to scan some of the larger sections of my MP3 collection, but other than that, it works just fine.

Looks nice. Good job.
Roku2 XD (3050X), HDMI out to HDTV
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Well I hope someone can help me with this. I went through the instructions at http://roksbox.wikispaces.com/MyBookWorld to install apache on my wd mybook world. I followed it step by step and then I installed the channel. Then I set the web server under the channels settings to "192.168.1.91:8000". As soon as I am done with this I go to the videos icon, and all it does is say "checking for xml file", "xml file not found", "checking for youtube queue" then goes back to the main page. similar for music, and for photos.

To be quite honest (and I am sure yall figured it out), I am less than a novice on using linux. I followed the directions, step by step, but without knowing exactly what I was doing, so this makes it a little hard to troubleshoot. I would love to become an expert at this, but I currently have a lot on my plate. I would really appreciate some help from this community on what could possibly be the problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

PS I type that aforementioned IP address into a browser and it says that it is not found.

PPS is there literally supposed to be a folder that I can see on my NAS called WWW?? If that is the case, then it is not.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Question: Does Roksbox support bif files? If so how do I implement them for Roksbox? I know how to make them just not sure how to use them.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"Drachen808" wrote:
Well I hope someone can help me with this. I went through the instructions at http://roksbox.wikispaces.com/MyBookWorld to install apache on my wd mybook world. I followed it step by step and then I installed the channel. Then I set the web server under the channels settings to "192.168.1.91:8000". As soon as I am done with this I go to the videos icon, and all it does is say "checking for xml file", "xml file not found", "checking for youtube queue" then goes back to the main page. similar for music, and for photos.

To be quite honest (and I am sure yall figured it out), I am less than a novice on using linux. I followed the directions, step by step, but without knowing exactly what I was doing, so this makes it a little hard to troubleshoot. I would love to become an expert at this, but I currently have a lot on my plate. I would really appreciate some help from this community on what could possibly be the problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

PS I type that aforementioned IP address into a browser and it says that it is not found.

You should be able to see a directory listing from a browser on another computer on your network. Try these options:

Restart your WD NAS.
Check the Apache httpd.conf file and see which port it is using. If is is using something other than 8000, try that port (ex. 192.168.1.91:8100).
Make sure the changes you made to httpd.conf are correct. If you have a syntax error (a mistake) in the httpd.conf file, it can prevent Apache from starting.

PPS is there literally supposed to be a folder that I can see on my NAS called WWW?? If that is the case, then it is not.

There should be a folder called shares/Public/WWW/WWW-pub.

Let us know how things go.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"RockyFord" wrote:
Question: Does Roksbox support bif files? If so how do I implement them for Roksbox? I know how to make them just not sure how to use them.

Yes. Put your bif file in the same folder as the video, and give it the same name as the video with .bif extension. Ex. if your video is Avatar.mp4, name the bif file Avatar.bif.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"WilDD" wrote:
"RockyFord" wrote:

Yes. Put your bif file in the same folder as the video, and give it the same name as the video with .bif extension. Ex. if your video is Avatar.mp4, name the bif file Avatar.bif.

What is a "bif" file and what does it do.
0 Kudos