Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WetFactory
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

Thanks for all the help in getting this sorted out. It finally loaded after a while (even with frugal on) It's nice to have my whole collection available. Between this, MOG, and the Mainsqueeze channel I should be set for a while as far as music goes.
0 Kudos
midiwall
Level 7

"WetFactory" wrote:
It finally loaded after a while (even with frugal on)...

Hmmm... You said this is an iTunes folder, I trust that it cuts up the space into:

Artist
|
+ --- Album
|
+ --- Track

Frugal mode optimizes for that hierarchy so that it only has to load one "layer" at a time... Though, if you have 100's of artists, that will still take a while. I have just about 1000 artists and kinda' need a frugal-frugal mode! Smiley Happy
:: Mark
0 Kudos
WetFactory
Level 7

"midiwall" wrote:
"WetFactory" wrote:

Hmmm... You said this is an iTunes folder, I trust that it cuts up the space into:

Artist
|
+ --- Album
|
+ --- Track

Frugal mode optimizes for that hierarchy so that it only has to load one "layer" at a time... Though, if you have 100's of artists, that will still take a while. I have just about 1000 artists and kinda' need a frugal-frugal mode! Smiley Happy

Yeah, and I've got 803 artists so it takes a bit to load. Once it loads though it's fast to scroll through. I have seen some delays in clicking an artist and displaying the albums.

I read the tip on the wiki about create alphabet folders at the root level to organize large numbers of artists. I believe this only applies to the non-XML approach.

Is there a way to accomplish this or otherwise consolidate groups of artists using the XML file?
0 Kudos
ldr223
Level 7

Hi, A update a bit I finally got Mongoose web server working finally on my computer (Windows XP too) but now I don't know how to add stuff like my music or movies on it. I put one movie over on www folder and didn't show up on my Roku player (I even convert it to play it). I try to read the web site directions but I can't figure out what to put on the thing to show the movie to play over there. I try to take stuff off of it before and added stuff to it to get it to work and still couldn't get it to work so I took it off my Roku player and added back too. I want to get this to work because I'm losing my $10.00 if I can't figure this out to get it to work ($10.00 is a lot of money to me too). P.S. I'm not that much high tech savvy either.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"belthur" wrote:
"WilDD" wrote:
"cvj" wrote:
Thanks - that works for the Music directory. The Photo directory is still getting stuck in the "Retrieving" mode...

If your jpg extensions are uppercase (.JPG), change them to lowercase (.jpg). It won't find uppercase jpgs. The filenames can be uppercase, but not the extensions. The reason for this is to reduce the amount of time searching for jpgs. If it has to search for uppercase and lowercase, it takes twice as long.

I am having the same problem of RoksBox always stuck in "retrieving" ... tried changing the file extension...it just doesn't change....anybody else got photo display working... ?

Music works. Video not tested/not used for now. I just need to get Photo slideshow working.

I am on IIS7.

We need some more information about your setup. Are you using an XML file, or directory structure? Where are your photos located below your web server root, and how do you have your Roksbox photo media settings defined?
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"WetFactory" wrote:
"midiwall" wrote:
"WetFactory" wrote:

Artist
|
+ --- Album
|
+ --- Track

Yeah, and I've got 803 artists so it takes a bit to load. Once it loads though it's fast to scroll through. I have seen some delays in clicking an artist and displaying the albums.

I read the tip on the wiki about create alphabet folders at the root level to organize large numbers of artists. I believe this only applies to the non-XML approach.

Is there a way to accomplish this or otherwise consolidate groups of artists using the XML file?

If you're using an XML file, there isn't much you can do to speed up load time, and frugal mode doesn't have an affect on XML files. With a very large music collection, you might be better off using directory structure with frugal mode on. It is easy to switch to directory structure, just get rid of your XML file name (or name it to something different that doesn't exist) in the Roksbox music media settings, and Roksbox will search your directory structure. You can always put the XML file name back if you want to.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"ldr223" wrote:
Hi, A update a bit I finally got Mongoose web server working finally on my computer (Windows XP too) but now I don't know how to add stuff like my music or movies on it. I put one movie over on www folder and didn't show up on my Roku player (I even convert it to play it). I try to read the web site directions but I can't figure out what to put on the thing to show the movie to play over there. I try to take stuff off of it before and added stuff to it to get it to work and still couldn't get it to work so I took it off my Roku player and added back too. I want to get this to work because I'm losing my $10.00 if I can't figure this out to get it to work ($10.00 is a lot of money to me too). P.S. I'm not that much high tech savvy either.

Open a web browser on your computer and type in http://localhost. Then let us know what it says.
0 Kudos
aegl
Level 7

"WetFactory" wrote:

Heh! I let the computer do all the sorting and it put the Beatles under "T" for "The Beatles". Eagles? They are under "T" too (for "The Eagles"). Makes sense to me, but drives my wife nuts.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"aegl" wrote:
"WetFactory" wrote:

Heh! I let the computer do all the sorting and it put the Beatles under "T" for "The Beatles". Eagles? They are under "T" too (for "The Eagles"). Makes sense to me, but drives my wife nuts.

And you're the one who came up with this idea. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ldr223
Level 7

"WilDD" wrote:
"ldr223" wrote:

Open a web browser on your computer and type in http://localhost. Then let us know what it says.

Hi, It says Index of /

Name Modified Size
Parent directory and under of it is the movie I put over there.
0 Kudos