Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: reuters channel disappeared ....why?

Jump to solution

Whoever posted Reuter’s is back on Roku is pulling everyone’s leg. It has yet to return on Roku in the US or Canada. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@brookeking 
Clicking on that tile is exactly how I got the message I recently posted. 
We’ve been had. Reuters is not available on Roku. 
I can only watch Reuters video via my iPhone app. 
It’s a loss. As a possible substitute on Roku, I recommend Aljazeera. It’s even less USA-centric (and more enlightening about the rest of the world) than Reuters.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

AJ spends way too much time on ME and Africa for me. DW News is good. But not as good as Reuters was.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

@Jhannam wrote:

Just returned to Canada and switched on a Roku untouched since November 2019. Channel was still on my channel list and worked perfectly. 
Great to see it again, hope the channel returns to the Roku Channel store for all Reuters fans. 

That makes sense then. The channel is still actually working on other devices, and it still works on Roku devices that haven't been turned on since the update that removes it, as you noticed.

But Roku devices update automatically if they are left plugged in, and the next time you get a system update, the channel will be "updated" to no longer function and only display a message that the channel is not available.

Don't you just love software that works against users?

Someone should talk to a professional or something because it seems like this violates consumer rights. At the very least, since there is a worldwide pandemic going on, it is immoral and unethical to take away a valuable source of news from a large number of people like this, over some kind of political or technical reason that has nothing to do with the actual users.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

@MGJSmith wrote:

I got a reply from REUTERS.

However, we are migrating Roku users to a new video experience, which should be available in March or April 2020.

MGJS

Any word on this? Where is the "new video experience" for Roku users? Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

According to an article on this site:

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/ 

I think Reuters wants to push everyone to use IOS or Android apps to view their news.

I use Roku exclusively for my news.  I do not want to switch to my phone or any other method to get Reuters.  They promised it in March or April for Roku.  It's now the middle of May -- get off the pot!

0 Kudos