Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: reuters channel disappeared ....why?

Jump to solution

It makes no sense to me that this consolidation would increase their base. I'm really disappointed at losing my most viewed news source.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

OK so how do we get it back?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Too bad.  I hope they will bring the app back someday.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@reddoor wrote:

What you've posted doesn't make sense to me, @Psilobite . 

If what you've written is true, why can I still get Reuters news at Reuters.com on my computer and via the Reuters app on my iPhone?

Bring back Reuters news, Roku!

https://www.thebaron.info/news/article/2019/12/04/reuters-tv-app-website-to-close-merge-with-reuters...

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Official Response on Reuters.com:

https://reuters.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038606852-What-has-happened-to-Reuters-TV-on-Roku- 

One of the features of Reuters on Roku is that you could choose the number of minutes to watch.  I would choose 15 minutes when I went to bed.  After the 15 minutes streaming would stop and therefore save bandwidth.  Other roku channels do not stop streaming when the TV turn off and wastes bandwidth.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sad, indeed. I’ve enjoyed Reuters news since 1974, and the Roku app was the best way to consume the headlines of the day quickly and easily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I wonder if the ad revenue was enough to support the app. I miss it this morning.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I got a reply from REUTERS.

Thank you for reaching out and we appreciate your feedback. About your request, kindly see the FAQ link below:

https://reuters.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038606852-What-has-happened-to-Reuters-TV-on-Roku-

Kind regards,

Reuters.com Team

from the above link

We have brought together Reuters video, text and pictures in one place; the Reuters News app.
As a result, we no longer support the standalone Reuters TV app on Roku.
However, we are migrating Roku users to a new video experience, which should be available in March or April 2020.

MGJS

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I got the same message @MGJSmith . 

To reiterate: Roku users, you'll be offered a replacement service in a two or three months: March or April 2020. 

For those of you who watch Reuters on your smartphones, the new app, already available, is Reuters News.  (I have already downloaded this new app. Meanwhile my Reuters TV app still functions.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am disappointed, but found aljazeera on Roku and, although not the same functionality, does offer headlines that you can click on