Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: reuters channel disappeared ....why?

Jump to solution

This is BAD NEWS:

Cat Frustrated

It was GREAT to have international NEWS that was JUST NEWS with NO SPIN & NO TALKING HEADS

I am sick of CNN FOX and all of the the BS news channels with their cheap to produce content with talking heads ( who want to be on TV) just sitting around and weighing in with their meaningless opinions. Think of THE VIEW

Sgt Friday said "Just the facts Mam, Just the facts"

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is wrong on so many levels and for me the lack of communication from Reuters is my issue. 

Why disable a channel that has so many devoted users like me? It's successful channel, why risk losing fans by not communicating with us (Reuters)? 

What say you Reuters? 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Total bummer. Try Newsy channel, it's pretty good. Hope they don't dump that one too 🤷‍♂️

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Gone from my ROKU but still working on my KODI.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Terrible choice by Reuters. We just found the app on Roku last year. Excellent reporting, but unlikely to chase for it on my phone.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Citydweller - Newsy is included in my daily lineup but so left-slanted and anti-Trump. I get a kick out of the way they try to program young people though. So transparent. Keeps me balanced.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Exactly.  I watched Reuters every morning while starting my day. Now I won't be watching or getting news from them at all. Horrible decision to shut down that app. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I second all your comments, @bronzbabe.

In addition, it's not helpful to take away the one channel (other than PBS NewsHour, perhaps) devoted to straight-ahead reporting, without spin, from around the world. #Reuters.tv provides the best international coverage by far, and we in the USA really need that

Roku.com, is someone in there listening?

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

What you've posted doesn't make sense to me, @Psilobite . 

If what you've written is true, why can I still get Reuters news at Reuters.com on my computer and via the Reuters app on my iPhone?

Bring back Reuters news, Roku!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It does not make any sense to me either,

Reuters is still working at (for Videos) {.com is also available},

https://www.reuters.com/video/

and on my KODI, also still works with Google Home, (never have it on my phone)

ROKI may have removed the channel selection on their devices.

MGJS