Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

radio.com

roku will not launch radio.com starting the week of April 22nd...why?...is anyone else experiencing this failure to launch?

19 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: radio.com

Loads here ok on May 1.

Try this :
Remove channel
Restart Roku (Settings > System > Restart system)
Reinstall channel

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted

Tried restarting and it won’t load. 😔

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Same problem here. Un-installed and re-installed the app. Still not working.

Highlighted
Level 8

Mine worked until today.  Now it just bounces back to Roku home screen.   Unloaded Radio.com and re-installed, same result.

Highlighted
Level 7

Same here

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I asked about the issue through the Radio.com mobile app, and received the following reply:

"We're sorry to hear that you are unable to stream your favorite stations(s) on your ROKU device as the app fails to load completely.

Our Product team continues to have identified the problem and is working on a solution. As soon as we have more news we will be back in touch.
We deeply regret any inconvenience caused to your listening experience in the meanwhile."

Highlighted
Level 8

Radio.com channel will not load after May 7, 2020 update

We purchased a Roku HD 4K HDR 3810R Streaming Stick on March 19, 2020 and installed it the same day.  This unit has always seemed slow and has never worked as well as an older (and significantly faster) Roku 3800R that we purchased in Sept 2019 and use on a second TV.  (our router is only about 12ft from the 3810R TV and is set for the 5Ghz signal)

The 3810R has worked reasonably well until the recent Roku update on May 7, 2020 at 2:50 p.m. CST here in the Minneapolis area.  It is software version 9.3.0, Build 4143.  Since the update, the Radio.com channel will not load.  The older 3800R has not done an update since Dec 5, 2019 and works fine including loading of the Radio.com channel.

Can anyone please assist or is the only remedy to purchase another streaming stick?

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: Radio.com channel will not load after May 7, 2020 update

Numerous problems are being reported from people whose Rokus have updated to 9.3.0. Several people have reported success after receiving the 9.3.0 update via the suggestions in this post:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Roku-Streaming-Stick-remote-fails-after-new-system...
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same problem - started last week, but it's only on the 4K Roku.  I have a little cheapy one in my bedroom and so far that still works.  Glad to see someone contacted Radio.com about this.  Thank you.