Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eviecam

Re: "YouTube could not run because there is not enough space"

I figured it out! Was having the exact issue! You need to clear your cache and here are the steps how, trust me it works! 

1. Make sure “Home” is selected from the main menu.
  2. From the remote control, press the following buttons consecutively: Press Home 5 times. Press Up. Press Rewind 2 times. Press Fast Forward 2 times.
  3. It will take about 15-30 seconds to clear cache and restart.

Once it restarts then go into the YouTube app and it should work normally! 

Mjb1

Amazon Prime Doing the same thing

0 Kudos
Mjb1

I went to Settings, system, then system restart. YouTube and Amazon Prime both work fine now

0 Kudos
tryingcake
Reel Rookie

Did you get a resolution. My TCL is doing the same.

0 Kudos
Justmaryp

The suggestion to restart the Roku unit just worked for me.

Hopefully this won't keep happening.. restarting isn't horrendous, but wouldn't want to have to do it often.

0 Kudos
mawoods2

Thanks! That worked for me. I really hate I got to give up that aquarium background tho 😒 

0 Kudos
noneyafb

Thank you Eviecam!!! Your solution was brilliant!!! That worked!  Even though my other TV wasn't having that issue I followed the same process just as an assurance it wouldn't have that problem in the future as well.

0 Kudos
Cyndee

The Roku restart is exactly the correct  response to fix this problem. Thank you!!!

0 Kudos

MattK1 knows what's up!

Just as he posted, I also deleted YT, reinstalled and then went through my Roku's restart....... a minute or so later; voila! MattK1, I've got a cold DosXX for you. ✊🏼

0 Kudos

Danny,

I'm having this problem too, and it's frustrating.

Yes, I've removed channel after channel, restarted the device (Express+) several times, both by unplugging it and by choosing "restart" from the settings menu, and tried to update the YouTube app (which said it was up to date). I've now removed eleven channels and still YouTube gives me that "can't run channel.... not enough space" message. This all started maybe two weeks ago and has become slightly more frequent. Yesterday was the first time I couldn't do anything to get YouTube up and running. I did add a few apps in the last several weeks --- Row8, Netflix, and Hulu. Once one of those apps generated the same message but then loaded on a subsequent try. Likewise with YouTube, even with those three newest apps installed. In other words things seem to be getting worse rapidly.

I'm guessing some of these apps are just growing in size to where the device doesn't have enough memory. Would there be any benefit to removing YouTube and reinstalling it? And what else if anything can be done? Thanks.

0 Kudos