Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"YouTube could not run because there is not enough space"

I can't get YouTube to run on my Roku.  I've even uninstalled all of the other channels and get the same result.  We have 2 other Rokus in our house and neither have the same issue.  Is the problem in the stick or where are they getting the "space" information.  How much space is on the Roku stick and how much does Youtuve use?

51 REPLIES 51
UI-Designer
Binge Watcher

Re: "YouTube could not run because there is not enough space"

I'm running into the same very frustrating issue too on my Roku Express+ 3910RW when trying to view YouTube (get error message "Can't run channel" "... not enough space...") along with Apple TV not loading (will load to 100% and then return to the Home screen without loading).

Please, please Roku try to fix this huge and VERY annoying problem and please work with Google too if the issue is with their YouTube channel code!! 

And if this is not a bug in RokuOS, then when the "Can't run channel" message appears, instead of only giving the "OK" choice, please also give a choice to view which channels are taking up most of the space so we can try to focus on removing those channels.  Thanks!

Please do not keep ignoring this issue, Roku, and please STOP blaming the user -- you, Roku, are ultimately responsible for the user experience.

Jolour

Discovered this issue yesterday. It just happened all of a sudden. I did what it said-deleted channels but keeps giving me the sane message. Anyone got this resolved? Please share. Thanks.  

mohnkern
Binge Watcher

Ditto here on my TCL TV. Fire stick works fine.

Deb191924

I have 2 roku devices. One in living room keeps telling me the previous problem.  The one in the back is fine. Older one in the living room.  Newer one in bedroom 

Deb191924

Does this mean I have to buy a new roku

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Deb191924

Thanks for the inquiry.

What Roku model devices are you using? Have you tried removing any unused channels on your Roku device, restarting your Roku, then seeing if the issue is resolved?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TelfordTom

I too am getting this, on a Roku Express. Deleted all apps, still won't work. I've done factory resets, once using the menu on the roku, once using a hairpin in the reset slot on the device itself, and I still get the same problem. If you delete apps and try to re-download them, you get "Channel install failed. Could not add 'BBC iPlayer' (example). Tried it with loads of apps and it's the same thing each time. Major bug that needs sorting please!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TelfordTom

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the order in which you tried the steps provided? When trying to perform a factory reset or restart your device, it's important that you first remove the channels. Then after you have restarted/setup your device again, then try adding the channels back again.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MattK1

I had luck by uninstalling YouTube TV then reinstalling it. Then I went through the Roku menu to restart the Roku.