Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACW
Level 7

"This application does not support sd mode"

I got this for a channel. It's a Roku 1, but an HDT, and I got the same message when I changed the display to 720 and 1080. What's wrong? Thanks.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: "This application does not support sd mode"

What's the channel/app that offered this message?

And, you said "Roku 1" which properly means model 2710. However, some people call first generation Roku devices by that name, although Roku never called any of those devices by that name. 

Confirm the actual model number of the device.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
ACW
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
What's the channel/app that offered this message?

And, you said "Roku 1" which properly means model 2710. However, some people call first generation Roku devices by that name, although Roku never called any of those devices by that name. 

Confirm the actual model number of the device.

It's this channel, and it's a 2710X.
0 Kudos
ACW
Level 7

So, anybody got any ideas?
0 Kudos
ACW
Level 7

Anyone?
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 8

Are you using composite video rather than HDMI? If that's the case, obviously the app does not support it (and yes, you can set the 2710 (or 3710 for that matter) to 720 or even 1080p in composite mode, though obviously apps will only stream in 480i).

To tell the truth. (and I prefer not to judge other people's choice of apps, though there are some obvious apps that almost no one can resist trashing), the app in question is not worth it. Other apps (youtube for one...) have the same content.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
ACW
Level 7

"dfgsrzwer" wrote:
Are you using composite video rather than HDMI? If that's the case, obviously the app does not support it (and yes, you can set the 2710 (or 3710 for that matter) to 720 or even 1080p in composite mode, though obviously apps will only stream in 480i).

To tell the truth. (and I prefer not to judge other people's choice of apps, though there are some obvious apps that almost no one can resist trashing), the app in question is not worth it. Other apps (youtube for one...) have the same content.

Ah, thanks. I think that might be it,
0 Kudos