Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: SOLVED - "Showtime on the Roku Channel" new episodes delayed or not appearing?

@cwmagui @db54

Thanks for the posts.

Have you tried contacting Showtime to see if the content you are looking for is currently available for viewing?

You can reach Showtime support here: https://help.showtime.com/hc/en-us

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jjf00322

Premium Showtime Riki Channel not updating episodes

New episodes of dexter new blood aren’t showing up on my Rokus roku channel app but show as available on the roku channel visiting web on my phone. I can only see 3 episodes on my device app and all 5 on my phone. I updated my app on my roku device but nothing changed. I have the showtime subscription added through roku channel.

thisismrjones
Reel Rookie

Re: SOLVED - "Showtime on the Roku Channel" new episodes delayed or not appearing?

I was not happy...just went to the series on the channel (instead of the recently viewed) and the new episode was there. Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
LotusFlower
Reel Rookie

Roku really needs to resolve this issue.  @RokuDanny-R suggested that we contact Showtime, but this is a Roku problem, not a Showtime problem.  I just signed up for Showtime on Roku a few days ago, and I've already run into this problem.  The app does not list episode 6 of Dexter New Blood, which came out yesterday.  In my case, the content is definitely available for viewing because I can see it if I go through my save list on the Roku remote app on my phone and cast it to my TV, but the episode is not listed when I go through the Showtime on Roku app on my Roku itself.  This is ridiculous.  I understand that using the save list on my phone works, but that's not feasible for all customers.  I have an elderly mother who I set up with Roku because it was so easy to use.  She doesn't use apps on her phone; therefore, she has no way of accessing the content that's missing.  The original complaint about this was posted in December 2020.  It's a year later and this is still happening.  Ridiculous!  I definitely won't keep this beyond the trial period.

LotusFlower
Reel Rookie

Re: Premium Showtime Riki Channel not updating episodes

@Jjf00322 - You aren't the only one having this problem.  Here's an old thread regarding this problem with Showtime on Roku Channel. https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/quot-Showtime-on-the-Roku-Channel-quot-new-ep...

Unfortunately, Roku doesn't seem to be in any hurry to resolve this issue.

Edit: I see they've merged the two threads on this topic.

denhow
Roku Guru

@LotusFlower wrote:

I just signed up for Showtime on Roku a few days ago, and I've already run into this problem.  The app does not list episode 6 of Dexter New Blood, which came out yesterday. 

It would be helpful if you could be more clear about how you are watching Showtime. When you say "Showtime on Roku" are you talking about Showtime's Roku channel or are you talking about a Showtime subscription on The Roku Channel? They are different things. A problem on the former would be a Showtime issue. A problem on the latter would be a Roku issue.

I have a Showtime subscription on The Roku Channel and my experience is very different from yours. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Dexter: New Blood episodes are available for viewing BEFORE 9 pm Sunday when they air on Showtime live.

0 Kudos
LotusFlower
Reel Rookie

@denhow wrote:

@LotusFlower wrote:

I just signed up for Showtime on Roku a few days ago, and I've already run into this problem.  The app does not list episode 6 of Dexter New Blood, which came out yesterday. 

It would be helpful if you could be more clear about how you are watching Showtime. When you say "Showtime on Roku" are you talking about Showtime's Roku channel or are you talking about a Showtime subscription on The Roku Channel? They are different things. A problem on the former would be a Showtime issue. A problem on the latter would be a Roku issue.

I have a Showtime subscription on The Roku Channel and my experience is very different from yours. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Dexter: New Blood episodes are available for viewing BEFORE 9 pm Sunday when they air on Showtime live.

I am very aware that they are two different things.  I'm referring to a Showtime subscription on the Roku Channel, not the regular Showtime app.  It's clearly stated in the thread title from the original poster that this thread is in reference to "Showtime on the Roku Channel."  It's great that it's working correctly for you, but that's clearly not the case for other customers.  As I stated, this is a Roku issue, not a Showtime issue.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jjf00322,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Just to confirm, have you restarted your Roku device after updating The Roku channel?

If the issue still persists, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thisismrjones
Reel Rookie

@Jjf00322 ... the new episodes don't show up for me in my "recently viewed" or "continue watching" que...i have to go and find Dexter in the "series" category, and when i open it there the new episodes show up...hope that makes sense...i was super irritated to think i wouldn't get new episodes...but they're there!! Let me know if you don't understand what I'm saying... it's hard to explain it.

0 Kudos
thisismrjones
Reel Rookie

@cwmagui read my other replies on this thread, and see if that helps....also, if it does and you can explain it more succinctly, that would be great, lol.

0 Kudos