Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NotThatGuy

"Showtime on the Roku Channel" new episodes delayed or not appearing?

I subscribed to "Showtime on the Roku Channel"  for the introductory price of $.99 per month for the first 2 months and cancelled my Showtime subscription on Amazon Prime Video. I had a few days left on Amazon and noticed that new episodes appeared on Showtime on Amazon the same day they were released, but did not appear on "Showtime on the Roku Channel" until days later. The new 2nd episode of one series "Your Honor" has still not appeared 3 days after release on the "Showtime on the Roku Channel" app on my Roku device.  Interestingly, after signing on to roku.com to look for info on this issue, the new 2nd episode is available on the Roku website but still not on the app.

Is this the way it's supposed to be? I subscribed to other channels "...on the Roku Channel" for the introductory price and cancelled other subscriptions, and was planning on keeping them after the first two months to consolidate my subscriptions in one place. If all the channels have new episodes delayed I guess I won't be keeping them.

25 REPLIES 25
Amberlee0727
Reel Rookie

Re: "Showtime on the Roku Channel" new episodes delayed or not appearing?

I’m looking for an answer for this as well, as I’m kind of regretting signing up for showtime through Roku. 
Episode 5 of Your Honor premieres on 1/3,  it is still not available on the Roku app as of 1/8. 
Is there a delay for viewing episodes with Showtime on Roku and if so, why?

RkuFan

SOLVED - "Showtime on the Roku Channel" new episodes delayed or not appearing?

SOLUTION! Open the Roku app on your phone/device and find the Showtime episode. Roku will let you cast it to the TV or play it on your device that way.  The current shows do not show up for me using the Roku app on my TV directly. I have to cast it.

Amberlee0727
Reel Rookie

Re: SOLVED - "Showtime on the Roku Channel" new episodes delayed or not appearing?

This was extremely helpful!!! Thank you!!

Erinleila
Reel Rookie

Re: SOLVED - "Showtime on the Roku Channel" new episodes delayed or not appearing?

I seen the episode I was looking for when I first opened the app on my phone but now it has disappeared.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Erinleila,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community! I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: Could you provide an example movie title/content that you experience this issue with Showtime through The Roku channel? Does this happen on all movies/shows in Showtime through The Roku channel or just specific titles? And lastly, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Dellface

I recently added Showtime on the Roku Channel and I’m frustrated that the whole 6th (current) season of The Circus doesn’t show up at all! They are 8-10 weekly episodes into this season with a mid-season break already past. Definitely won’t keep this beyond the free period if it doesn’t have everything. 

dustinl

I noticed the same thing with Billions S5. We signed up recently and watched an episode from the second half of the season. Went back to the app a day later and none of those new episodes are there anymore!! What gives??

cwmagui
Channel Surfer

Dexter: New Blood.  Only episodes 1 & 2 are available on my TV app.

db54
Reel Rookie

I signed up for Showtime through Roku channel and I cannot get the last 6 episodes (20210 of Billions.  Very disappointed