Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: "Server connection error" using Roku Media Player in 8.1 update

"RokuDale" wrote:
The bug has been found and it is bug in the RMP app itself. If anyone wants to join the rmp beta group please send a pm to me.
rokudale

Are you able to say when we'll be getting an update to RMP that will fix this issue? It's also happening to me, and it's quite annoying. Smiley Happy 
Thank you!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: "Server connection error" using Roku Media Player in 8.1 update

A new release of RMP has just been published and it should address this problem.
thanks for your patience,
rokudale
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: "Server connection error" using Roku Media Player in 8.1 update

"RokuDale" wrote:
A new release of RMP has just been published and it should address this problem.
thanks for your patience,
rokudale

Awesome, thanks! Do you know what version and/or build number of RMP contains the fix? Also, do you know when it'll be pushed to users' Rokus?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: "Server connection error" using Roku Media Player in 8.1 update

 4.1.1596 is the version
I posted this information in another thread.
Over the course of 24 hours, Rokus should get the update. But you can always force the update by going to Settings/System/System update and click Check now.
rokudale
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: "Server connection error" using Roku Media Player in 8.1 update

"RokuDale" wrote:
 4.1.1596 is the version
I posted this information in another thread.
Over the course of 24 hours, Rokus should get the update. But you can always force the update by going to Settings/System/System update and click Check now.
rokudale

Great, thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: "Server connection error" using Roku Media Player in 8.1 update

Hello All,

I am extremely new to Roku so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I read the rules and I didn't see product categories within the forum, so I'm hoping I am adding in the correct place.

I just purchased a Roku Ultra player and I have the exact same issue. A DNLA movie will run for about 42 minutes before stopping and giving me a server connection error. I go back to where my movies are stored, then go back into the same movie file and select resume, and it will run for the same amount of time again. I am in the country so the internet it rarely on. I use either Universal Media Server or Windows Media. The Roku works exactly the same on both. I hooked the Roku up to the internet when I first got it, about a week ago, and allowed it to update. I have ethernet cat6 cable hooking everything together into a TP-Link Archer C7 router. Wireless is only used by mobile devices. My Roku Media Player version is 4.1 build is 1579. The device ID CK3840686869. I have reset my router to stock, made sure nic card was out of power saving mode, reset media server, restarted actual server, and purchased a brand new Non-POE Cisco gigabit commercial grade switch to replace the year old Cisco switch that was existing. I simply can't get it to stop tripping every 42 minutes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: "Server connection error" using Roku Media Player in 8.1 update

"Non-Offensive Name" wrote:
Hello All,

I am extremely new to Roku so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I read the rules and I didn't see product categories within the forum, so I'm hoping I am adding in the correct place.

I just purchased a Roku Ultra player and I have the exact same issue. A DNLA movie will run for about 42 minutes before stopping and giving me a server connection error. I go back to where my movies are stored, then go back into the same movie file and select resume, and it will run for the same amount of time again. I am in the country so the internet it rarely on. I use either Universal Media Server or Windows Media. The Roku works exactly the same on both. I hooked the Roku up to the internet when I first got it, about a week ago, and allowed it to update. I have ethernet cat6 cable hooking everything together into a TP-Link Archer C7 router. Wireless is only used by mobile devices. My Roku Media Player version is 4.1 build is 1579. The device ID CK3840686869. I have reset my router to stock, made sure nic card was out of power saving mode, reset media server, restarted actual server, and purchased a brand new Non-POE Cisco gigabit commercial grade switch to replace the year old Cisco switch that was existing. I simply can't get it to stop tripping every 42 minutes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need Roku Media Player 4.1.1596, which has the fix for this. Go into the menu/system/System Updates and do a manual update. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: "Server connection error" using Roku Media Player in 8.1 update

Just purchased a Roku Ultra, updated system and am getting the same "Server connection error" described by others (but now it is 1.5 years later)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: "Server connection error" using Roku Media Player in 8.1 update

I am getting it too on a brand new Roku express.

The connection drops, it allows you to reconnect and resume.

when reconnecting you can only see the film that was playing in the list of videos.

0 Kudos