Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: "Server connection error" using Roku Media Player in 8.1 update

Bug report has been filed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

And always looking for more rmp beta testers. send a pm to me if you'd like to test the unreleased next version of rmp. You will need to agree to an NDA. This doesn't prevent you from using the official released version.
thanks
rokudale
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Is the terms of the NDA under NDA or can it be found publicly?

I ask because I may at some point in the future contribute minor patches to the VLC project or some other non-commercial open source licensed media player project.  I would never attempt to leak information from a closed beta to another product or group.  However, some NDAs are written to have an overly broad definition of what it means for something to be a "competitor" and prohibits working with them.  In most cases where the NDA itself needs to be kept secret, I usually just assume that I am either in a prohibited category/group or it probably contains something I am going to be uncomfortable with.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Send a pm to me and I'll pm back the agreement. Its pretty simple and takes a minute to read. You pm back whether you agree. If yes you get access to another forum here.
rokudale
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi - This issue is also happening to me.  Approx 42 minutes of streaming any video via DLNA gives this issue.  Would appreciate an update when the bug report has been dealt with as this is limiting our use of our Rokus terribly (we mainly Netflix or DLNA).  Have verified issue is not the network or server.

Devices impacted are Roku3 and Roku Express.  if you need any additional info feel free to message me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

The bug has been found and it is bug in the RMP app itself. If anyone wants to join the rmp beta group please send a pm to me.
rokudale
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Is there any update to when this issue will be corrected?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am having the same issues with YouTube TV. It is so frustrating. Always telling me there is a connection error but I know I am connected the Internet.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

"Josephlisaanne" wrote:
I am having the same issues with YouTube TV. It is so frustrating. Always telling me there is a connection error but I know I am connected the Internet.

The issue with RMP is completely different from YT TV. Yours is most likely related to network issues, but not necessarily your network. One suggestion that often helps is to change the DNS servers that your network is assigning. Using the Google DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) often works better than the servers provided by your ISP. I can't tell you how to change them in your router, as there are far too many brands and models. But you should be able to find some information about yours online.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Also suddenly have interrupted server connection.
7LC698104899
4640x
Roku Ultra 4640X wired, Roku 3 4200X wired, Roku 2xs 3100x wifi, Roku 2xs 3100x wifi, Insigna Roku TVNS-39DR510NA17 wifi
0 Kudos