Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZIKI
Level 7

"Not Authorized" Error 60.002...frustrating!

This issue started this morning. I tried going to my Food Network app, of which I was already signed into of course. It says I'm "Not Authorized" and to view subscriber info and parental controls. I signed out of the app, signed back in. Nothing. Signed out, deleted the app, reinstalled, signed back in, then rebooted the Roku, still having the issue. During the midst of me working on Roku #1, one of our kids told me the show they were watching was suddenly locked and they couldn't watch it on Roku #2. I had to log back in to their DisneyNow app. A few episodes tried to play, but others kept throwing codes.

As I am typing this, I went back to the Food Network app, clicked on my show, and again, have an error. But then, I click it again, and the episode started working. It's intermittent to say the least. When I click Live TV under Food Network, it just shows a black screen and video doesn't play. The same issues have happened with Food Network, HGTV, DisneyNow, and even NickJr. 

What the heck is going on???? Is there a recent update that's causing these issues? Is it the Roku? I have a hard time thinking it would be multiple different stations having the same issue all at once. Also, another user seemingly has the same issues with other stations. Help would be REALLY appreciated. 
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: "Not Authorized" Error 60.002...frustrating!

The sequence you listed above is incorrect. You must delete the app (channel), reboot the Roku, and then reinstall. The reboot must be done between removal and install or the removal isn't complete and any issues the install had will remain. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"ZIKI" wrote:
This issue started this morning. I tried going to my Food Network app, of which I was already signed into of course. It says I'm "Not Authorized" and to view subscriber info and parental controls. I signed out of the app, signed back in. Nothing. Signed out, deleted the app, reinstalled, signed back in, then rebooted the Roku, still having the issue. During the midst of me working on Roku #1, one of our kids told me the show they were watching was suddenly locked and they couldn't watch it on Roku #2. I had to log back in to their DisneyNow app. A few episodes tried to play, but others kept throwing codes.

As I am typing this, I went back to the Food Network app, clicked on my show, and again, have an error. But then, I click it again, and the episode started working. It's intermittent to say the least. When I click Live TV under Food Network, it just shows a black screen and video doesn't play. The same issues have happened with Food Network, HGTV, DisneyNow, and even NickJr. 

What the heck is going on???? Is there a recent update that's causing these issues? Is it the Roku? I have a hard time thinking it would be multiple different stations having the same issue all at once. Also, another user seemingly has the same issues with other stations. Help would be REALLY appreciated. 

Your post on another thread mentioned you're using DirecTV Now to authenticate. From that thread, DirecTV Now isn't authenticating A&E network apps, but I'm able to watch using Philo. So, it's likely something wrong on the DirecTV Now end.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
ZIKI
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
The sequence you listed above is incorrect. You must delete the app (channel), reboot the Roku, and then reinstall. The reboot must be done between removal and install or the removal isn't complete and any issues the install had will remain. 

I never specified that I had performed those steps in the order I listed them...I was generally listing the things I had already tried, one of which was the combination you suggested as well, which didn't work either. 
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"ZIKI" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:

I never specified that I had performed those steps in the order I listed them...I was generally listing the things I had already tried, one of which was the combination you suggested as well, which didn't work either. 

Just had to confirm because of the way you listed them. No problem. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos