Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enfolder
Level 7

"Could not add Xfinity"

I have a Roku 3500 that seems to work fine with Sling TV. I am trying to download the Xfinity Streaming Beta channel, but I get the error "Could not add 'Xfinity Streaming Beta'". How do I troubleshoot this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: "Could not add Xfinity"

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

The most likely reason you cannot add the Xfinity Streaming Beta channel is that your Roku device does not support the channel.

For more information regarding compatible Roku devices, visit the Xfinity support page here: Xfinity Stream App on Xfinity TV Partner Devices FAQs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nedqadams
Level 7

My roku is listed as supported on the support page but the app does not show up. 

0 Kudos
AzureHawk
Level 8

Hey ROKU SUPPORT, REPLY TO THIS.

I also also have an issue.  I go through the Roku's setup for the Xfinity beta, I activate it, then I go to channel, and everything works great.  HOWEVER if I go to Roku's home, Xfinity does not show up (no Xfinity Icon).  If I search to add the channel again, it comes up with "go to channel" instead of "add chanel".  When I do "go to channel ", I have to authorize again.  If I do, xfinity then comes up again and works, BUT STILL NO XFINITY ICON gets added to the Roku's home screen.  I've added the xfinity app FIVE TIMES already but it just refuses to "stick"! PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @AzureHawk,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

What Roku device model are you trying to watch this channel on? Please be aware that a channel will only show on the Roku device if the channel provider supports that Roku device.

In case that you successfully add the channel and your Roku device supports the channel if you wish to move the channel from your Home screen. You may follow these simple steps: 

1. Press the Home button home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote.
  2. Press the OK button OK button on Roku remote or the right button on the directional pad to access your channel list. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote.
  3. Using the directional pad, highlight the channel tile you wish to move.
  4. Press the Star button star button on Roku remote on your remote to open the options menu.
  5. Select Move channel.
  6. Move the channel using the directional pad and press the OK button OK button on Roku remote on your remote when you are satisfied with the new location.

However, if your issue is with frequent authorization of the channel. Please be noted that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication. That is handled directly by the channel publisher. It's best to reach out to Xfinity directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login.

You can reach Xfinity Support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos