Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyoaku002
Level 7

ps vue constant activation

I am desperate to fix otherwise have to leave ps vue and it's a great service so far.

What is mind numbingly annoying is the constant activation request. Everyday now my wife or kids say "we need to activate the roku again...". So I need to log into psvueactivateroku url and enter a 12 digit code, everyday.

I created a forum topic on ps vue forum but no one has a clue, just guesses because it makes zero sense. Not one other active service does this on our Roku stick. I also Google search the issue and it's the same complaints, Sony blames Roku for having a bad app which makes no sense. Las ditch efgort was to statically assign an IP address to the stick but it does not fix the issue.

Any info is appreciated, this is unbearably annoying.
0 Kudos
15 Replies

Re: ps vue constant activation

That's going to be an issue on the PS Vue side, nothing to do with the Roku. It has to do with the login procedure. 
0 Kudos
jyoaku002
Level 7

pretty much assumed that and thank you for the prompt response scotty

sony has some pretty horrible customer support and their problems seem to go unresolved let alone even recognized
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 10

I assume you have tried the standard 'reset' of removing the app, rebooting the Roku, then reinstalling the app? This can sometimes clear up some mangled settings.
0 Kudos
jyoaku002
Level 7

I have not

believe it or not got so tangled up in the lack of support and messing with static IP etc, didnt event try a fresh install

will try now
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"jyoaku002" wrote:
I have not

believe it or not got so tangled up in the lack of support and messing with static IP etc, didnt event try a fresh install

will try now

Don't forget the reboot after removing it. Vital step.  Smiley Very Happy
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Dbry
Level 7

I know this is an old post but did a fresh install fix the issue? Seeing as you have not reposted I am hoping yes. I have the same issue on 2 Roku’s. in the same house.
0 Kudos
vrjosh
Level 7

Make sure you are exiting the app before turning off your TV. If PS Vue is left on it tends to have an activation issue. This is what I read about a year ago and since doing this we haven't had any issues.
0 Kudos
bobroth
Level 7

You should not sign off on the ps vue app. If you sign off you will have to reactivate your Roku every time you go back in.  Instead you need to exit it. This is how you do it. On your remote there is a left arrow on the UPPER part of the remote. When you are in ps vue just press this left arrow, it may take two presses depending on where you are at. You will get an exit window and all you have to do is check yes and you are out of the app. Hopes this helps, I know kind of late but this will prevent ps vue from running in the background.
0 Kudos
tcdell
Level 7

I have this problem with the Roku and PSVue. It is very frustrating. It is not a problem with the PSVue, it is a Roku problem!!!! I stream PSVue on three other TV’s using an Amazon Firestick and do not have to re-activate the device every couple days! Roku needs to fix their system!!!!
0 Kudos