Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrAngelus
Level 7

problems with the Vudu App?

Is Anyone experiencing issues with Vudu app.. I don't believe it's a Roku issue I think it's Vudu but lately the app has been slow and laggy with very inconsistent having trouble even connecting to Vudu and one minute getting UHD speeds the next getting  SD speeds and Amazon Prime Video Netflix they all run flawlessly... it's just Vudu

So is anyone else experiencing this 
Roku Ultra, 4660X : Serial : YJ00EM709512 Ethernet connected
Roku 3, 4200X, : Serial : 1GS3A2128326, Ethernet connected
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Williamt100
Level 8

Re: problems with the Vudu App?

Yes, I've been experiencing issues with VUDU as well.  

The issues range from failure to "load movies", as well as failure of the network speed test -- it never completes successfully.

I've not had luck contacting VUDU technical support.
Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
MrAngelus
Level 7

I called them on  the phone  they forwarded it to the engineers .. so i'm waiting to see
Roku Ultra, 4660X : Serial : YJ00EM709512 Ethernet connected
Roku 3, 4200X, : Serial : 1GS3A2128326, Ethernet connected
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

I haven't used Vudu real recently, but didn't have an issue at the time. If I remember right, it was using my Ultra and playing a UHD title. In fact, now that I think of it, I used it Saturday to finish watching The Last Jedi, which is a UHD title. Didn't have any problems. HDR displayed correctly and had no issues with UHD resolution. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
nadronet
Level 7

Vudu will no longer work on my Roku 3. I can't get past the 'Running Vudu Movies' screen. And on our Roku Premier is runs really slow. This appears to be a common complaint for Roku users on the Vudu forums. 
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"nadronet" wrote:
Vudu will no longer work on my Roku 3. I can't get past the 'Running Vudu Movies' screen. And on our Roku Premier is runs really slow. This appears to be a common complaint for Roku users on the Vudu forums. 

I just fired up Vudu on my Roku 3 (which model number do you have?) and don't see any issue.  I'm able to view both movies and TV series in my lineup without a problem.
Please delete the channel, REBOOT the Roku (do NOT skip this step), and then re-add the channel.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos