Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Penny220
Channel Surfer

Re: can't run channel could not run because it could not reinstall from the netwo

Jump to solution

Roku channel isn't working either.  It bounces you back to the main menu. 

Someone's head should be rolling over this FUBAR of a roll out. 

McDfam
Reel Rookie

Excellent wireless connection shows but can't run any channels

Jump to solution

Help! I have seen posts from last year with this problem but nothing suggested is working. All my channels won't load and say can't run because it could not be reinstalled from network. My connection shows excellent and the network status shows it is connected. I have restarted, reset, unplugged...nothing fixes the problem. My software updates are all current too. My model is 3940CA-Roku Express 4K. In the older posts it sounded like they sent out a fix for this. I have a second Roku of a different model in another room and it's working fine. Help me Roku!

0 Kudos
Alixoops
Binge Watcher

Re: Can’t run channel error. Roku express 4K, software 11.0 build 4180-CR

Jump to solution

Model: 392OCA - Roku premier

Serial YH002R555893

Device ID: 053092555893

Software: 11.0.0 build 4180-91

Error: Can't run channel"could not be reinstalled from network. 

No access to any channel, connectivity excellent. It's been out since approx. 1am when upgrade was automatically done. Restarted, bugged, reconnected and followed all instructions noted here. Getting ready to be done with Roku altogether. Very frustrated as not sure if your team is resolving the matter or if I should just Chuck it in the bin and find alternative streaming service....

0 Kudos
Alixoops
Binge Watcher

Re: Can’t run channel error. Roku express 4K, software 11.0 build 4180-CR

Jump to solution

Issue report tracker issue I'd 93-159-497

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: can't run channel could not run because it could not reinstall from the netwo

Jump to solution

Hi @Penny220,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

After reading your note, you mentioned that your issue with an error message of "Can't run channel because it cannot be reinstalled from the network" has been resolved, is that correct?

For clarification, you are currently having an issue with The Roku Channel and Sling TV that is returning to the home page, is that correct? Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Have you tried to remove the channel, restart your Roku device then add the channel back?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jayhwkfn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I now have two Roku Ultras with the same message.  They should be issuing credits for those who use this strictly for streaming

Alixoops
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 11.0] Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled to the network

Jump to solution

Nope nothing is working and looking at posts from 2 weeks ago they were suppose to be investigating the matter. So glad my channels are paid subscriptions. Time to ditch the Roku and find other streaming service if this is an issue when upgrades are performed automatically. Getting no where 😡

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Jayhwkfn,

Thanks for the post!

Please help us with the required information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.0] Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled to the network

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

We are aware that that some users that have updated to OS 11.0 are seeing an issue with an error that states "could not be reinstalled from the network". This is only affecting a small subset of users, most Roku customers are not impacted by this issue. If you are seeing this error message, we need your help!

We are actively investigating this issue and would like to gather more information and need further assistance from users who are experiencing this issue.

In order for our Roku engineering team to better find the root cause of this issue, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model,
  • serial number,
  • device ID, 
  • software OS/version
    (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

If you feel more comfortable providing this information in a PM (private message), please feel free to send me a PM and I can further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Penny220
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Last nights "can't run channel" network issues were resolved over night.  Sling and Roku did not load and bounced back to the Home screen, Amazon, Netflix, Frndly did work.  I updated the channels that weren't working and restarted Roku. 

AFTER reading this, I deleted Sling, re-installed it and it is now working, no restart required.  The Roku channel fixed itself. 

0 Kudos