Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: can't run channel could not run because it could not reinstall from the netwo

Jump to solution

Model: 3910RW - Roku Express+
Serial Number: YG00CK332429

Device ID: C537CC332429

Software version: 11.0.0 build 4180-51

Tracker ID: 29-158-546

no channels are working. Any channel I click on says can’t run channel. *channel* could not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection and try again. 

I have checked my connection, restarted the roku, factory reset the roku, unplugged everything, deleted channels, literally everything and nothing works! 

0 Kudos
emmcgiv
Reel Rookie

Can’t run channel error. Roku express 4K, software 11.0 build 4180-CR

Jump to solution

Software updated to version 11.0 and now all apps show a can’t run channel error.  Manual check for network connection and software update, and restarted/unplugged Roku. Internet is working and everything is connected.  Only apps within Roku are not functioning. How can this be fixed?

#rokuexpress4k #cantrunchannel

0 Kudos
emmcgiv
Reel Rookie

Re: "channels could not be run because it could not be reinstalled to the network"

Jump to solution

Same issue occurred 4/20 after automatic update to software version 11.0. 
model: 3941x - roku express 4K+
serial number:  x016006jvel3

software:  11.0.0 build 4180-cr

device id:  s07p21ajvel3

0 Kudos
AMueller35

Re: Hulu and Netflix will not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

I have version 11 and I am experiencing the "could not be reinstalled" on ALL channels.  Please advise.

0 Kudos
AMueller35

Re: Hulu and Netflix will not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

I uninstalled Netflix and tried to reinstall...and it won't let me do it now.  Frustrated.

How do you call ROKU?  

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@AMueller35 wrote:

I have version 11 and I am experiencing the "could not be reinstalled" on ALL channels.  Please advise.

We need a lot more information than what you've provided. Let me explain why.

OS 11 has been rolling out for a month now. We don't know when you got it. You could have received it today or you could have received it a month ago. When would help point to if that's part of the problem or not.

Roku has a bunch of different models. Even devices with the same name -- there are many with the name Express, many with Express+, many with Ultra, etc -- the model numbers could be different, so that would help, since solutions can vary by model number.

Commonly, one doesn't remove and reinstall an app, which it appears (details are lacking) you have done, so that often indicates a problem that removing and reinstalling was a step in attempting to resolve. Was an issue going on that caused you to "reinstall" rather than simply install an app?

Where are you? Not every app is available everywhere. 

Oh, and are you using a VPN? That can matter.

What apps specifically? You said "all" but it is always helpful to be specific. If many, name three.

Model number and OS version/build can be found at Settings > System > About.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Alixoops
Binge Watcher

Re: Can’t run channel error. Roku express 4K, software 11.0 build 4180-CR

Jump to solution

Same issue after automatic update this morning. Can't run channels because cannot be reinstalled. Connection is excellent. Tried retrying update, restarting device. Even tried uninstalling channel and reinstalling but will not reinstall the channel. Seeing posts from 2021 with same issue, but nothing updated from Roku themselves for current issue. 

0 Kudos
Penny220
Channel Surfer

Re: "channels could not be run because it could not be reinstalled to the network"

Jump to solution

It is now working, as of this morning, except for Sling that just kick backs to the home screen.  The channel has the latest version. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can’t run channel error. Roku express 4K, software 11.0 build 4180-CR

Jump to solution

Hi @Alixoops,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.
In the meantime, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: can't run channel could not run because it could not reinstall from the netwo

Jump to solution

Hi @tmdennie,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

If you are receiving an error message of "Could not be run because it could not be re-installed from the network, please check the network and try again". Please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos