Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.0] Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled to the network

Jump to solution

@jed2 @Lucetia82 

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with channels and are getting an error that thats "Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled to the network", can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We are aware that this issue is still affecting some customers of a small and local ISP (internet service provider). We are actively working with the ISP to diagnose and provide a solution. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
ab13
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny

Will you be posting here the daily or final update system o/s  as to when it is all settle out with the problems

that we were all having.

Thanks

ab Randy

0 Kudos
davemoss
Reel Rookie

Can't launch any channels

Jump to solution

My TV upgraded to 11.0.0 a few days ago and now I can't open any channels. When I try to run Netflix, Hulu, or any other channel there's a popup that says:

Can't run channel

'Netflix' could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection and try again.

Check network
Cancel

I can uninstall then reinstall the channel and check for updates but the new Roku update won't let me launch any streaming service channels. The TV is now on 11.0.0 build 4193-30.

How can I revert the update to the previous version that worked?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't launch any channels

Jump to solution

@davemoss wrote:

... How can I revert the update to the previous version that worked?

It's rare that such will happen. Why don't you try to fix the current situation?

To remove/reinstall an app, there should be a reboot of the Roku device in-between the two. That is:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps in that order. Changing the order, or leaving out the 2nd step may not clear things properly. So try that.

Next, I've seen reports of the behavior you're reporting, but have never experienced it. However, I recall that some have had success connecting to a hotspot to reinstall an app.

The thing is, you're getting it on multiple apps. So this may not be worthwhile. I'd try it on one app and see what happens.

It may be Factory Reset time, but that's always a last resort. Try that hotspot thing and see what happens. And in the meantime, others that have more experience with that situation may have something helpful to offer.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
davemoss
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestions. The TV has been factory reset about ten times so this seems like a problem with the new update. Our other TVs still on the old version are still working.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @davemoss

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

For further assistance, please provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I talked to a service representative today and they accused us of using pie hole. I don't know what that is but they said there's a new program that adds your IP address and email to a blocklist if you're blocking ads. We were in the first subset of users affected by this change.

They're asking us to send photos of setting screens on our TV and provide government IDs confirming identity in order to apply for removal from the blocklist. The hassle isn't worth it so we're going to the Apple store tomorrow to buy an Apple TV.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

RokuKariza-D, davemoss clearly said all channels are affected.

2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
0 Kudos
emailjunk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The issues I was seeing on my two Roku devices appear resolved with 11.0.0 build 5007!

Good luck.