Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alixoops
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled

Jump to solution

It was sent as a private message. The same info was also sent to Roku Mary. Went and got another streaming device avoiding Roku brands and getting our paid subscriptions, should have done it weeks ago. Taking the hit for the two devices but pleased the Roku tv was returned with no issues. 

0 Kudos
Alixoops
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled

Jump to solution

The info was submitted twice to two different mods privately, both stated was submitted to support department but when I contacted support myself absolutely none of the info had been submitted. Responded to support and been over a week with no response by them either. Done!

0 Kudos
emailjunk
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 11.0] Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled to the network

Jump to solution

Well I was dreading the day when it happened and after running fine for 2+ weeks with 10.5.0 build 4208, my roku ultra updated itself this morning. Now I'm right back where I was 1-2 months ago stuck with the same errors again. Roku is now running 11.0.0 build 4193 and there is no way to downgrade or upgrade. If I go to the secret screen and attempt to force an update, the roku says it will update from build 4193 to build 4193, but then fails during the download at 30% completion.

• Roku 4800X - Roku Ultra
  • X01000F8KD6R
  • S02A2118KD6R
  • 11.0.0 build 4193 

Luckily the update hasn’t hit my streaming stick yet, but I expect that to update and fail soon.

0 Kudos
emailjunk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I also do not have a Zyxel router. I have a Calix Gigapoint from my ISP.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine is still unable to load any channels. Do I need to go out and buy a new device or..?

0 Kudos
jed2
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@MotherShipZeta 

I don't know if your posts were removed, but your post history only shows one post. Find one of the posts by the Roku Admins in this thread and provide the details. It seems they have to look at different fixes for different models. 

• Roku device model,
  • serial number,
  • device ID, 
  • software OS/version
    (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • router/modem make and model
jed2
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@emailjunk 

You may need to reply with your specs (again) directly to an admin's post or inbox to get their attention again. The first update/build I was able to load did not work; the second one I was not able to load, then a third one took a few tries and then it loaded.

0 Kudos
Lucetia82
Reel Rookie

channels could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from n

Jump to solution

I need help with this issue also.  I have to ROKU devices and they keep giving the same error “Channel could not run & loading issue”  how do I fix this issue?

0 Kudos
mertle

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

I'm a NetOps Manager at a small ISP and have been flooded with calls from roku customers with this error after their auto updates processed.  Most in the last couple days are TCL and Hisense TV users.  It only seems to affect customers behind a NAT.  Any updates on a patch or how best I can direct them to get the issue repaired until a patch comes out? 

Thanks,

Matt

emailjunk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I already did reply with details via private message. However see below for the latest status:

After Danny helped update my devices from 11.0.0 build 4193 to build 5005, most channels started working again. However the Prime Video channel still did not work properly. It gave the network error screen in multiple languages. 

Based on all the issues I had with my devices, I exchanged both my Rokus for new ones on 5/14. As soon as the new Rokus (immediately) updated to 11.0.0 build 4193, they failed with network connectivity, same as the old ones.

Model: Roku 4800X - Roku Ultra
S/N: X01000DE79E9
Device ID: S02A21DE79E9
SW Build: 11.0.0 build 4193-C2
Router Calix Gigapoint

Model: Roku 3820X - Roku streaming Stick 4K
S/N: X01700VVCMHY
Device ID: S08Y41DVCMHY
SW Build: 11.0.0 build 4193-CU
Router Calix Gigapoint

The new devices won't update on their own to a later build such as 5005, so I am (again) completely down.

Bottom line - Buying or exchanging for new devices probably won't fix this issue.

0 Kudos