Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnbrad1968
Level 7

now tv ...reinstalled from the network

hello all...i have a roku express and on that i watch now tv. all was fine yesterday as watched sky sports. today i went towatch it again it wont load gives me can not be run as cannot reinstall from the network...the only difference i see is it has gone from a yellow app design to a blue one but it just wont run. i have deleted and reinstalled he app and even reset the roku itself to no avail...any help would be great thanks

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Charlenesmith
Level 7

Re: now tv ...reinstalled from the network

This has happened to me to on my roku. Everything I’ve done is not working. Anyone else in the same boat?

GT1490
Level 7

Exactly the same issue for me.

The app logo has vanished from my app screen and when I search for Now TV, nothing happens when I click to launch the app.

Tried resetting Roku, re-installing the app- all to no avail

0 Kudos
johnbrad1968
Level 7

same here..last night the app logo was a yellow colour...then it wasnt on my list when i found it it had turned to blue now it wont open..tried talking to now tv but the chat closed when they ran out of solutions

0 Kudos
GT1490
Level 7

Yes- same change from yellow to blue app issue for me too. Wonder if Now TV have updated the app but something has gone wrong?

0 Kudos
HisNibs8
Level 7

Same. Works on my Streaming Stick but not my Express. The app shows as installed but is not visible on the home screen and can't be launched.

0 Kudos
johnbrad1968
Level 7

ive even deleted it and redone it but still the same i have even tried it with my mobile network still nothing

0 Kudos
BillMcK
Level 7

It looks like there's a problem with the updated nowtv app. On the NowTV forum's there are people complaining of the same problem. Hopefully there's a patch pushed soon for it

0 Kudos
richardmills109
Level 7

Same for me on Roku 1 box

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 14

@richardmills109 The Roku 1 isn't listed as supported on the Now TV Website. The Roku LT, 2XS, Roku 3, and Roku Streaming Stick are the only ones I see as listed. To be sure, the Roku 1 (assuming we're talking about model 2710 and not using that term to describe first generation Roku devices) and the Roku LT are very similar devices, and I'd be surprised if the Roku LT was supported, but not the Roku 1/2710. But, the Roku 1 isn't listed on the Now TV device. With the recent app update, it may be that Now TV is doing what has been happening in the U.S. for some time: dropping support for older models. Several U.S. apps have dropped support for all devices over 7 years ago excepting the Roku 3 (and Roku 2 model 4210). Be aware that's a thing, and may be coming down the track in the future.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos