Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kellzbellz
Level 7

noAuthz error

Is anyone having this issue? I have had this problem with a few shows within some of the channels. I go through the channel authorization process but then when I go to play the show I get a noAuthz error and it only gives me the option to hit "ok". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the channel and that doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: noAuthz error

What channels?
What country are you in?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Kellzbellz
Level 7

So far I've found Lifetime and USAnow channels have given me the errors. I'm in the US.
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. Mine is for the History channel. I input my information for an xfinity membership and it is giving me this error every time I go into the History Channel. What is this and why is it popping up?
0 Kudos
captivater
Level 7

This prompt is a result of the channel needing to be authorized again. This authorization requirement pertains to agreements between your TV provider and the content owner (channel).
You will notice this policy varies with different TV providers & content holders.

For instance, on Comcast TV:

HBO and ESPN only need to be re-authorized every few months.
On the other hand, anything Fox related (FXX & Fox NOW) requires authorization just about every week.
And for anything Viacom related (Comedy Central, VH1), forget it. Comcast doesn't authorize anything.

It all varies from company to company. Understandably annoying. I basically stopped using FXX NOW because it got to be burdensome.
Also, bear in mind, this issue has nothing to do with your ISP or Roku. These types of errors occur on other platforms including Apple TV & Xbox.
0 Kudos
JordanHarris
Level 7

Yeah this is quite an annoying thing. I hate having to reauthorization like every few weeks or so. We use Comcast and it's pretty bad about that. I just authorized everything with my Dad's DirecTV account and I'm going to see if it's any better with that provider. Does anyone have experience with DirecTV and reauthorization?

Anyways, if you go to the settings of the channels you can log out then log back in to reauthorize the channel.
0 Kudos
Laurieg
Level 7

I know this is an older post, but this has been driving me nuts and I too sign in and out with no effect, big I just figured it out. The Internet connection I was using to authorize it wasn't the same as the one my cable, so it was assuming I didn't have the channel. Using my phone and turning off wifi, I went to sign in and only then did it ask for my username and password to authorize it using the correct account. Works great again!
0 Kudos
devinshelley
Level 7

I experience this too....frequently.  So annoying!  My cable subscription is up to date (never lapsed) and yet I am still prompted to authorize before I can enjoy programming on multiple channels. This happens to me with A&E, HistoryChannel, ESPN, etc.  
0 Kudos
jakoe
Level 7

Getting No authz on ABC.  Guess I have to subscribe to cable to get an over-the-air channel now!?!  Roku is disappointing because the apps the networks put out are truly lousy.  Mostly can't watch full episodes, only clips and they cut off discussions.  Can't watch a entire season that I can find.  Takes 15-20 minutes of fooling around to try and find out that a certain episode isn't available.  I hardly watch TV anymore because the experience just isn't worth it the hassle.  I'm supposed to pay for cable AND spend half my time watching ads!?!  No thank you.  Easier to plug my laptop into my TV and use my pc than Roku.  It's one show, once a week that I want to watch on ABC anyways.
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

"jakoe" wrote:
Getting No authz on ABC.  Guess I have to subscribe to cable to get an over-the-air channel now!?!  Roku is disappointing because the apps the networks put out are truly lousy.  Mostly can't watch full episodes, only clips and they cut off discussions.  Can't watch a entire season that I can find.  Takes 15-20 minutes of fooling around to try and find out that a certain episode isn't available.  I hardly watch TV anymore because the experience just isn't worth it the hassle.  I'm supposed to pay for cable AND spend half my time watching ads!?!  No thank you.  Easier to plug my laptop into my TV and use my pc than Roku.  It's one show, once a week that I want to watch on ABC anyways.

And none of what you mention is Roku's problem.
0 Kudos