Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

no search option, i can not find app i.e prime video, Disney, roku channel

Jump to solution

using Roku express in Australia. there are very few app available to install. There is no search option to search app such as Disney, Prime video. there is not even roku channel. only youtube and netflix is available. is Roku not supported in Austrailia?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: no search option, i can not find app i.e prime video, Disney, roku channel

Jump to solution

@mfh-007 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

In addition, Roku Search is available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. For more information about Roku Search, visit our Support page here: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku Search?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mfh-007 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

In addition, Roku Search is available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. For more information about Roku Search, visit our Support page here: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku Search?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I specifically bought a Disney plus subscription to watch it on my roku,  Disney is not region locked in Australia and i can watch it fine on a computer.  I believe this is an easy fix.  I would have not bought roku if i knew this information.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Search was also removed in germany. Along with Airplay.

Nothing happens here though. I posted it here already, created a support ticket and no real feedback.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I worked it out, region locked roku account, use VPN. That is all.

0 Kudos