Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
__5
Level 7

Re: no hdmi audio with amazon prime only

Removed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
cjsolo2010
Level 7

It seems Amazon Prime only transmits audio in stereo - even when they tell you it's 5.1.  I have this problem with Amazon through my Roku, but not Netflix, et al.  In looking for the solution, I came across someone who is seeking answers for a direct connection to a smart tv (no Roku) and the answer from Amazon support was, "Our videos are only played in stereo mode."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Googlre10
Level 7

Found the problem. Go to settings - >Audio -. >choose auto detect mode.

It worked for me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scanners999
Level 7

I have the reverse issue. The Amazon content is 4K HDR 5.1, but I get no audio unless I manually set my Roku Ultra to Stereo!! Vudu works in 5.1,  so does Netflix, but not Amazon (ver 11.0 build 2019090617)

Roku Ultra (4660, 4661, 4662 series) 

0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

@Scanners999 wrote:

I have the reverse issue. The Amazon content is 4K HDR 5.1, but I get no audio unless I manually set my Roku Ultra to Stereo!! Vudu works in 5.1,  so does Netflix, but not Amazon (ver 11.0 build 2019090617)

Roku Ultra (4660, 4661, 4662 series) 

What is your setup, in detail?

Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scanners999
Level 7

I figured it out... Multiple layers of auto-detection appear not to work well. My Vizio TV's audio was set to autodetect too. Manually turned that to PCM and audio magically started working. Odd that it only impacted Prime Video and Netflix, VUDU, etc were OK. 

0 Kudos