Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

netflix starts to buffer after 5 minutes of starting streaming

Jump to solution

Netflix on my streaming+ stick has started to buffer after 5 minutes (it says to check network connection and then the % buffering starts). It only does this once about 5 minutes in. While it's loading I have checked my internet connection and it's fine - I even ran a speed test once when it was slowly loading and that was saying 25Mbs

Also the remote becomes unresponsive for the duration - I can't select the exit and check connection option or use the home button etc. A couple of times I've had to reboot the streaming stick.

I never used to see this until the recent netflix update end of last year.

version 9.2.0 build 4807-50

Netflix app version 5.0 build 81179041

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: netflix starts to buffer after 5 minutes of starting streaming

Jump to solution

So I got the free HDMI extender from Roku and now it's poking about 3 inches out from the back of my receiver and I have not seen any issue recently. It's always tough to know if that helped did netflix fix something on their end, or just bad wifi for a while etc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Netflix is a Premium Channel you should have it out with them.

In the meantime try lowering your resolution down to 720p.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am having this exact problem. It started mid-January, 2020. We have a Roku Streaming Stick (3600 series), three Roku TVs, a Samsung smart TV and an Nvidia Shield Pro (2019). On the Samsung and the Shield Pro the Netflix app pulls down 95 Mbps and 213 Mbps respectively. The Rokus range between 12-19 Mbps, wired or wireless. Every other channel streams perfectly and the Roku itself pulls ~90 Mbps.

I've deleted, rebooted and reinstalled the Netflix, I've logged out and logged back in again. I've reset my network connection... I'm sorta at a loss....

If you get this figured out please post!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

So I got the free HDMI extender from Roku and now it's poking about 3 inches out from the back of my receiver and I have not seen any issue recently. It's always tough to know if that helped did netflix fix something on their end, or just bad wifi for a while etc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos