Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

netflix scrolling issue

the difficulty i'm having just scrolling through netflix selections is infuriating.  from what i've read, this has been an issue for years and netflix isn't doing anything to fix it.  i'm thinking about returning the tv specifically because of this problem. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: netflix scrolling issue

The Netflix interface is basically the same on all devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

i'm sure it is but i doubt every system requires you to push the arrow 3-4 times before the selection moves and then sometimes it moves twice with one push. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

I've never had any real issues with the scrolling. It's no different than other channels with scrolling lists.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Also, what model Roku do you have? Some older models may be underpowered to handle some of the latest changes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

i think it's s325. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@potato 

Thanks for the note.

If you have a Roku TV and are having issues with the channel scrolling, are you making sure that the remote, which is IR, has clear line of sight to the TV IR receiver?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

yes, i'm not retarded like this roku tv.  it's also plugged in and turned on. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

having the same issue, and yes I know how to control a remote and all other apps work just fine. I have already unplugged, reinstalled, etc. It is only my roku stick that is having this issue. My tv's with the box does not have any issues. I now have to use my tv app for netflix which is ridiculous because the whole reason to getting roku is so all my apps are in the same place.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

it's because each selection loads a preview and the tv has difficulty loading it.  there is no fix for it except getting a different tv or ditching the remote control and using netflix app on your phone.   

0 Kudos