Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brentlyon
Level 7

netflix does not start

Jump to solution

I just set up a brand new roku express and when I try to start netflix it does not even give me the login screen. prime video works fine and netflix works on other devices connected to the same router.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Netflix does not start

Jump to solution

The first suggestion is always to remove the channel, reboot the Roku, then install it again. Don't forget the reboot, or it really hasn't been uninstalled. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

The first suggestion is always to remove the channel, reboot the Roku, then install it again. Don't forget the reboot, or it really hasn't been uninstalled. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
brentlyon
Level 7

Re: netflix does not start

Jump to solution

I just tried removing netflix and adding it again and it is working now.

oldgnarly
Level 7

Jump to solution

So... what is the problem with Roku?  My Netflix would not start.  Tried your solution and it worked... until the next day! Same issue, Netflix will not start.  Why do I have to remove and reinstall Netflix every day and go through all the hassle with logins, passwords, etc?  Was working fine until  two days ago. Is there a problem on your end?

0 Kudos
backdraftb
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same exact problem here.  Happens since last system update on November 1st. 4630X Premiere+

0 Kudos
projectj
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am in the same boat. I went away for vacation, came home to a "new" Roku OS, with a "cute" TV off menu button. I'll gladly trade this useless feature for a working netflix application. Give me the last OS please.

All of my roku devices are failing to run Netflix (after they all updated to latest Roku OS)

Roku support offered nothing, except remove and install the channel. Obviously there is an issue with the latest Roku software, but they arent saying anything. I can do without it, but my wife loves Netflix.

Netflix works on every other device in my house (ipads,iphones, laptops,samsung TV, panasonic DVD, PS3)

If the issue isn't resolved soon, all devices are going in the trash bin. She already ordered 1 apple TV, and a Kindle fire. I agree with no vendor lock-in on my streaming devices. I was just hoping to not throw these Rokus away.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

@projectj wrote:

I am in the same boat. I went away for vacation, came home to a "new" Roku OS, with a "cute" TV off menu button. I'll gladly trade this useless feature for a working netflix application. Give me the last OS please.

All of my roku devices are failing to run Netflix (after they all updated to latest Roku OS)

Roku support offered nothing, except remove and install the channel. Obviously there is an issue with the latest Roku software, but they arent saying anything. I can do without it, but my wife loves Netflix.

What model Roku players do you have? Model number, not just the name. Netflix is dropping support for the oldest players. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Kermit1946
Level 7

Jump to solution

I input that I subscribe to Netflix but thereafter it was not mentioned and there was no prompt to enter account detail. 

0 Kudos
jrgoodman
Level 7

Jump to solution

tried the dropping the channel and it sits on 100% but will not move when I try to reload - so now I have no netflix.......

0 Kudos