Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Netflix does not start

Jump to solution

@Slickery wrote:

After a power outage yesterday, Netflix won't start on my 3900 or 4230; it sits at the splash screen with no error code/timeout. I've tried rebooting my router and both devices, as well as removing/reinstalling the app on both devices with no success. After reinstall, the Netflix app gave a generic 'contact support' error message and when I checked connectivity via the app, all connections were good except it reported a connection speed of 0 MBps. I called Netflix support and after they had me verify I could load YouTube, they said it was a Roku error. All other apps on the Roku connect without issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

When you removed the channel, did you reboot the player before reinstalling? That's a mandatory step, or the channel wasn't really removed. Either use the restart function in the menu or pull the power for 30 seconds. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Slickery
Level 7

Jump to solution

I removed power to both devices and let them sit for 5 minutes before restarting just one of them. I reinstalled Netflix and I'm still getting the same error. I called Netflix again and they asked me to try logging out of the app but when I click on 'yes' to log out, nothing happens. When I clicked on 'no' it took me back to the 'help' screen.

0 Kudos
scottdnr
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having same issue, Hulu and Netflix as well as a few other streaming channels would not load. Reset Wifi and even wound up doing a factory reset. Now I have no Apps and it want even install the Roku channel. I have 2 Roku devices and neither of them work now.

0 Kudos
arnavbh
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have been having issues with Netflix as well on Roku. I went through all the troubleshooting steps. called up Netflix. Callled up TCL(i have a TCL TV). But no help. Seems like others are facing this problem with netflix as well? it works on my phone or computer but wont work on roku tv on any internet connection. 

lflen
Level 7

Re: netflix does not start

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  Just installing a brand new Roku to replace an old Roku 1, and other channels work fine but Netflix won't load at all.  Have tried resetting network, Roku, uninstalling rebooting and reinstalling.  I hope this is temporary-  otherwise the new Roku is getting returned for a device that works better with Netflix.

Edit: One day later, it works just fine.  I did nothing else to troubleshoot after posting this.  Same goes for a few other channels, like Prime and Disney.  So maybe it took 24 hrs for all the updates to apply.

atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

This seems to be happening to so many people, and primarily with Netflix, that really points to an issue with the Netflix channel. If that's the case (it seems to be, but always a chance it's something else), then Netflix is the one that has to fix it. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Bendulynn6
Level 7

Jump to solution

Have you had any luck with your Netflix? We had a power outage on Sunday, and my won't start? Contacted Netflix, internet provider, still not working!

0 Kudos
arnavbh
Level 8

Jump to solution

Is Netflix working for any of you? Mine doesn't yet. 

0 Kudos
SHM
Level 10

Jump to solution

Neflix has been problematic since I purchased my Roku Streaming Stick +, about 3 months ago. Never worked from day 1. Works fine on my TCL Roku TV and Amazon Fire sticks. Just the streaming stick giving me problems since day 1. No matter what I do, it won't work. 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@SHM 

Thanks for the note.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Netflix directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Netflix channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos