Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnme1999
Level 7

natgeo content locked with log-in

i just subscribed to spectrum primarily so that we could watch life below zero on the natgeo channel. and i can do this IF i use the spectrum app, but we are so much more comfortable with the roku app for that channel because we're more familiar with it. odd thing is though, when i log into the app using my spectrum account ID, the episodes of life below zero are still locked. (they are not locked using the spectrum app.) 

my brother has dish network and says he has the same problem when trying to view the content using the roku app.

is some content just blocked from viewing through the roku apps?
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: natgeo content locked with log-in

Not all apps accept login credentials for all providers. Are you sure Spectrum is a login partner with the app? May not be.
0 Kudos
cnme1999
Level 7

It gives me the option to log in with Spectrum, so I would assume that means that it's a login partner with Spectrum. If not, I how would I find out?
0 Kudos

OK. That means you should be able to get logged in. In any event, this isn't a Roku issue. You'll probably need to run it by Spectrum support, as it does seem to be an issue with the login.
0 Kudos