Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

my roku says when wanting to play you tube has an error saying please delete apps low on space

my roku says when wanting to play you tube has an error saying please delete apps low on space and i did delete lots of apps and still says the same thing . how do I get youtube to work. all other apps work just fine.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: my roku says when wanting to play you tube has an error saying please delete apps low on space

@darthvador2012  Thanks for reaching out.

Try following the steps outlined here, in order, to remove the YouTube channel, restart your Roku device, then add the channel back once more after your device has been restarted: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Look-Here-for-Help-amp-Support-with-Channel-I...

Keep us posted if you need more help from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: my roku says when wanting to play you tube has an error saying please delete apps low on space

Reinstalled my you tube and it didn't work now what

0 Kudos
Level 19

@darthvador2012 Thanks for following up. Depending on how many channels you have added to your account, you may need to remove additional channels. 

- What specific model of Roku device do you own? (Settings>System>About)

-How many channels do you currently have installed? 

You could also try performing a factory reset of your Roku device, and setting it up again. You can do this in Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset. This will remove all data, channels and login information from your device. You'll want to remove any additional channels from your account/device prior to doing this if you have a very high number installed though. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have almost 200 apps how many can I have all my other apps work just fine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@darthvador2012  You might try uninstalling more channels, then performing a factory reset on your device.

If you have a Roku device that is a number of years old, some models of devices have less hardware resources available (memory, etc.), which can decrease performance if you try to install a high number of channels (apps). 

I would recommend removing additional channels and continuing to test loading the channel, and/or trying the factory reset option. That should help clear up that type of issue. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos