Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl007
Level 7

'my feed' feature not updating

I have a Roku Express +. After working fine for some time, the My Feed feature stopped updating last June,  about the time I think there was an OS update. It still shows the shows from the last time it updated. 

There appears to be no way to contact Roku to tell them there is a problem. Just found this forum and hope someone has a suggestion. 

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6\
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: 'my feed' feature not updating

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. Have you made any changes to the items that you are 'following' since that time?

'My Feed' only updates/changes whenever there are changes to content availability or pricing for items that you have followed. If there have been no changes or additions to the items that you are currently following, nothing would change in this section. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Karl007
Level 7

Before the halt, I was getting new items on the feed almost daily. Some of the people I follow are in current TV shows so it would indicate when any new episode was added. I have also added a couple of movies to follow, just to see if that would start it.  With over 25 people being followed, certainly some have updated in the last 4 months.  I would also hope the feed tells when movies or series are leaving a channel.

RokuTannerD
Level 19

Sounds like there may be an issue occurring, but it's hard to say. 

To help clarify, 'My Feed' does not notify users when content is becoming unavailable. Content availability is controlled by each channel provider, and as the platform provider, Roku does not have any insight or access into channels' content systems for expiration information. 'My Feed' is based off available 'Search' information that is provided by channels, which includes current title availability and pricing information.

You might try performing a factory reset on your device to see if this clears up the issue. (Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset)

If that still isn't resolving the issue, feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About, along with a list of example title/actors/etc. that you have followed and I'd be happy to look into the issue further. 

Thanks! 

Tanner

liewbob
Level 9

Same deal here with my TCL ROKU 50" TV.
My other question (for after My Feed is fixed) is why ROKU doesn't enable us to see all the movies & shows we've followed, instead of just dribbling them out in My Feed

0 Kudos
liewbob
Level 9

My reponse to ROKU support

The solution is not resolved since the 9.3 build
I still am not receiving updates or any individual shows or movies om MY Feed – on any of the 3 Roku devices in my home (1 TCL Roku TV & 2 Samsung TV’s, 1 with a stick & 1 with a Roku box.
My Feed still shows (in parentheses) that there are shows and movies being dribbled out, but when I click on my Feed – all that shows up are the generic ROKU “Movies” “TV Shows” & “Movies Coming Soon”  - Nothing I have followed.
I have emailed & talked to support on the phone and, so far no one has even suggested anything that I hadn’t tried myself, being a longtime & fairly sophisticated ROKU user.
I see numerous problems with ROKUs online, after the recent update & NO explanations from ROKU, nor much helpful in the forums.
ROKU needs to upgrade its service or I (& I presume many others will be looking to Google, Amazon & your other competitors) & Roku won’t see very flattering reviews on PV Magazine, Cordcutters & the like.
Please contact me & fix this.
A reversion the the last update that was stable would be better than this!
Thanks!
Bob Weil

Jami1963
Level 8

It is now April of 2021 and I am starting to believe nobody at Roku cares about this problem. 

When My Feed stopped working for me, at first it was a real annoyance but then, like every other problem with my Roku, I got tired of getting nowhere with support and just moved on without it.

Luckily about a month later I got an Apple TV for my birthday and realized how much I learned to put up with from my Roku that was really unnecessary. Like HDCP errors every time an advertisement loads that is not 4k HDR, or having to do a system reset to fix distorted audio in  the middle of a movie. These are each issues that I had corresponded with support about multiple times. I had been directed to purchase sim cards and new cables and each seemed to help temporarily but eventually the problems came back and I just accepted them as part of Roku culture. Then I got my Apple TV and realized how nice it was to have none of those problems! So my 2019 Roku Ultra has spent the last year in the closet. 

Today I pulled it back out because I got a new tv and moved my old one to another room. I thought i might hook up the Roku and use it in there. I updated the firmware to the latest version and waited with great anticipation to see if Roku had cast of any of their demons? NOPE!!!! not a one! The HDCP 2.2 error popped up immediately even though I am plugged into a clearly labled HDCP port on my TV with a cable I bought from ROKU. It took about an hour before the audio distorted requiring a reset. 

But since it has been nearly a year and at least a couple of updates since My Feed quit working surely they fixed that, right. HA! HA! HA! of course not. 

Honestly, with me having this much trouble and getting so little support while having invested in their top of the line player, I can only conclude that Roku no longer cares about selling hardware. They must be now focused on the versions built into TVs like TCL and Ensignia and may dont even give a $4&7 about the rest of us.  

Bummer! But I guess I'll check ebay for an older Apple TV. 

0 Kudos