Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl007
Level 7

'my feed' feature not updating

I have a Roku Express +. After working fine for some time, the My Feed feature stopped updating last June,  about the time I think there was an OS update. It still shows the shows from the last time it updated. 

There appears to be no way to contact Roku to tell them there is a problem. Just found this forum and hope someone has a suggestion. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 'my feed' feature not updating

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. Have you made any changes to the items that you are 'following' since that time?

'My Feed' only updates/changes whenever there are changes to content availability or pricing for items that you have followed. If there have been no changes or additions to the items that you are currently following, nothing would change in this section. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Karl007
Level 7

Before the halt, I was getting new items on the feed almost daily. Some of the people I follow are in current TV shows so it would indicate when any new episode was added. I have also added a couple of movies to follow, just to see if that would start it.  With over 25 people being followed, certainly some have updated in the last 4 months.  I would also hope the feed tells when movies or series are leaving a channel.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds like there may be an issue occurring, but it's hard to say. 

To help clarify, 'My Feed' does not notify users when content is becoming unavailable. Content availability is controlled by each channel provider, and as the platform provider, Roku does not have any insight or access into channels' content systems for expiration information. 'My Feed' is based off available 'Search' information that is provided by channels, which includes current title availability and pricing information.

You might try performing a factory reset on your device to see if this clears up the issue. (Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset)

If that still isn't resolving the issue, feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About, along with a list of example title/actors/etc. that you have followed and I'd be happy to look into the issue further. 

Thanks! 

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos