Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gene41
Level 7

music, laugh track, but no voice when watching CBS via a Tivo player

In the middle of watching a TV show on CBS when suddenly I could no longer hear dialog.  I could hear background music and the laugh track.  The captions showed what people were saying, but there was no audio of their voices.  I played with settings and suddenly the voice audio returned. I have an LG OLED 65B7A-U TV and use a Roku Streambar for the audio. What to do?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
fluke
Level 13

Re: music, laugh track, but no voice when watching CBS via a Tivo player

On the TiVo remote, hit the Info button in the upper right corner.  Confirm that Second Audio Program (SAP) is *NOT* enabled.

Check to make sure the Roku Streambar is connected to the port on the TV marked HDMI/ARC and not one that is marked just HDMI.

If you continue to have problems, try connecting the Digital Optical Audio TOSLINK cable and configure the TV and Streambar to use that instead.

0 Kudos