Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcarroll644
Level 7

Re: multiple repeats of the same commercial will play several times

I just contacted CNN about the same issue, but if Roku can also stress it to them, that would be great! If I have to hear that, beyond irritating, "Surfin' USA" Frontier Ad one more time, I am going to go all "Elvis" on my television!!  

0 Kudos
Piggypugs
Level 7

Ha! Aleast you get a commercial. Newsmax just promotes their channel. Would almost prefer the ant races from "olden days". 

0 Kudos
tiltv4
Level 7

I can't figure out why Roku hasn't addressed this issue. I am so tired of seeing the Nissan ad. It repeats itself every commercial break sometimes 2 to 4 times in a row at each break. Please fix it. Mattress Land is doing the same. It is making it unpleasant to watch tv!

0 Kudos
N_Haas
Level 7

I'm experiencing this very same issue with Fox 12 or KPTV Portland. It's the same vape pen commercial 5xs in a row. I'm not searching for vape products and have an impressionable 11 year old with me at home homeschooling. I've written in to the programming department just this evening after reading these threads. I do want to be able to note that this issue is still happening after what seems to be years of issue. 

What other proactive measures can I take?

Thank you kindly

0 Kudos
tcarroll644
Level 7

People at ROKU - clearly this is not just an issue of the specific app, as your customer service people keep telling me. I initially complained about CNN (and was told it is a CNN issue). ABC News also does the same thing, and now most recently, someone on this thread has mentioned it happening with KPTV Portland. If all of these channels do this, then it is a problem with ROKU, not the channels themselves. Please do something about this, as it really is truly maddening. I have been telling my friends they shouldn't buy ROKUs because (aside from the apps crashing, and the remote being wonky) they'll be forced to hear 1-3 commercials, over and over and over again until they lose their mind. 

0 Kudos
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @tcarroll644,

We appreciate your post.

Please be informed that Roku only rents and transmits you the channel and is not responsible for the content as well as the commercials that are showing. The respected channel developer chooses the content and we have no control over the programming or operation of the channel. In that case, we will be suggesting you contact the channel for further assistance.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
bonjarta
Level 7

• why do you redundtly play the same commercial over and over. The same commercial re-played every 60 seconds is unnerving enough to cause me to watch a different station. Are you just stupid or what? Who is in charge? Do you watch your stations?
  • HEART THREADS over and over and over, every 60 seconds while attempting to watch the news on WBNS 10 TV.
0 Kudos
bonjarta
Level 7

That is not correct. I contacted the Channel owner of WBNS 10 TV and they advised...

"You are watching what’s called Over the Top or OTT when you are watching on a ROKU device.  Not all the ads you see are from 10TV.  Many are inserted by a third party which we have no control over.  Unfortunately high repetition is a part of watching OTT. "

0 Kudos