Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geraldtown

multiple emails and premium channels

New to Roku and have a question. We have several Roku devices in our home. We also have a vacation cabin that has its own Roku. The Home Rokus use my wife's email, while the vacation home was orignally set up using my email. 

Now, suppose we wanted to subscribe to a premium channel, such as Starz, on our home Roku. 

If we later want to add the Starz channel at the vacation cabin, will we be charged a second time, since we have a different email address? 

Should all Roku devices always use the same email?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: multiple emails and premium channels

Subscribe to a 3rd party channel like Starz directly with the channel's website, not via the Roku. This way the subscription is not tied to a particular Roku account. Use whichever email you prefer when setting up the subscription. Install the channel's Roku app on your various Rokus. On each of them go into the channel app and log on using the email address and password you established with that channel. You'll have to do this on each device.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
atc98092

Most premium channels have independent logins, so you can use whatever credentials you have on any Roku, regardless of the user account itself. But it does depend on the channel, and how their access is configured. For some channels that use your existing TV provider for access, you often have to be connected to their Internet service. I have never subscribed to Starz, so I have no idea how it authenticates. But if you have to enter a user name (usually email address) and password, it will probably work at the second location without a problem, assuming you aren't required to be on a particular Internet service. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

LINDA TAYLOR CAN I USE MY OLD EMAIL AND MY PASSWORD AND MY NEW EMAIL ADDRESS AND PASSWORD [personal information removed] OR MORE EMAILS PASSWORD 

0 Kudos
atc98092

@lindaTaylor22 I don't know exactly what you're asking, but if those are your actual email and passwords you need to remove them immediately. NEVER, NEVER post your personal email address or password on a public forum. Click the three vertical dots next to your post and select EDIT Reply. Take all that info out and then ask your question without that info, and please, not all caps.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos