Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tommy3897
Level 7

multiple channels ie. HBO Max, Netflix etc. for each ROKU device??

Must I purchase multiple channels ie. HBO Max, Netflix etc. for each ROKU device??

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: multiple channels ie. HBO Max, Netflix etc. for each ROKU device??

No.  In general there are two ways to subscribe to different services - directly through the provider or through Roku.  If you subscribe directly through the provider you can generally use the service on any streaming device, although there may be limits to how many devices can simultaneously use the service.  If you subscribe through Roku you can use the service on any Roku device linked to the same Roku account (there may still be limits on simultaneous users).  My opinion is that it's always better to subscribe directly with the provider, although some people prefer the convenience of having all their subscriptions in one place.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: multiple channels ie. HBO Max, Netflix etc. for each ROKU device??

^^^ Me too!

Not only does subscribing directly with the channel give you the ability to see the channel on any platform supported by the channel, your account is directly with the channel and simplifies troubleshooting when there are problems.  What you give up is consolidated billing from a single source.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos