Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlivi1
Level 7

missing channel

When I first installed my roku I found a channel that had most of the broadcast channels listed. I found Blue Bloods and watched about 5-10 minutes of it but stopped to save it for later. After I continued adding channels and exploring the roku universe I was ready to watch the show but the channel was nowhere to be found. Why did it disappear? Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the channel.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
twiceover
Level 10

Re: missing channel

Was probably I pirate channel if it had most of the broadcast networks. Probably removed.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Was probably XTV, and yes they were showing content without proper permission. Roku had a huge lawsuit in Mexico because of pirated content, and they are now very vigilant in removing channels that violate their agreement. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jlivi1
Level 7

thanks for the reply.  However I hadn't added any channels at that point. This was channel was part of a list I found browsing the new installation. Are you saying that roku comes with pirate channels at install?  I find that hard to believe.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Very unlikely. The missing information (name of channel) would help determine the actual reason. This may go down as an unknown.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

There's no general save list, so if you don't know what channel you were in when you saved it, then you won't find it. Each channel that has queues, is separate from one another.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"jlivi1" wrote:
thanks for the reply.  However I hadn't added any channels at that point. This was channel was part of a list I found browsing the new installation. Are you saying that roku comes with pirate channels at install?  I find that hard to believe.

Roku comes pre-installed with some official channels that appear in the channel store.  No 3rd-party channels are installed at startup (those must be installed by the end-user).
Some official channels sometimes are discontinued or shutdown for various reasons, though I'm not aware off-hand of any that are installed as part of the setup process (I could be wrong though).
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos