Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

midsomer murders crashing and rebooting

When watching the TV show Midsomer Murders on my Roku express, it repeatedly crashes and reboots. This does not happen with other shows. Also, when watching on Netflix, there were also no problems but Netflix no longer carries the series. Any advice?

8 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: midsomer murders crashing and rebooting

[post moved to appropriate board]

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiries.

What channel are you watching Midsomer Murders on? Is it the only channel that you observe this issue with? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

In regards to available content on a channel, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly for additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Please allow me to pitch in on this question, as it is the exact problem I'm having. 

"In regards to available content on a channel, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly for additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. "

That's what we're doing. The problem is on "The Roku Channel".  So in this case, the content is being provided by Roku itself.  I have not tried a different show, so cannot say if it specific to the one show or all shows provided by "The Roku Channel",  but we definitely do not experience issues with any other Channel - Netlfix, Amazon, Youtube, Pandora, etc, etc etc.

We noticed the same problem a couple of days ago, so it is not a one-off issue, as we thought originally.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had the same problem: Midsomer freezing and rebooting on the Roku channel 

I discovered that the Filmrise channel (available on Roku) offers the Midsomer series as well, and on that channel  it plays flawlessly.

I hope Roku sees this and corrects whatever problem they have.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@bferrismd Thanks for letting us know. Is this issue still occurring for you in The Roku Channel? If so, what season/episode did you observe this issue on? What model of Roku device are you using? (Settings>System>About) 

From there, we'll try to help reproduce the issue and share your feedback with our team. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have the exact issue with midsommer murders on the Roku channel. It happens with every video, every time I play one. Very annoying and seemingly nothing to do about it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@margaretalkire 

Thanks for the post.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

If so can you please provide us with the following information:
-Any specific episodes that you are still experiencing this on?
-What Roku model device are you using?
-What OS is your device running on? (this can be found in Settings > System > About)

With this information we will be able to look deeper into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I finally gave up on the series which I had seen a million times anyway. So, I don't know if you've fixed the problem or not. But thanks for following up - a rare occurrence these days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had the same problem. As a workaround, I cleared the serial from the ‘watch history’. That seemed to clear up the loading problem also.

0 Kudos