Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krth101
Level 7

kron san francisco

the kron app is not available tonight. any ideas why?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: kron san francisco

If a channel isn't working, first check with the provider and see if they are reporting any streaming issues. If they aren't listing any issues, the next step is to remove the channel from your Roku, reboot the Roku (critical step, do not skip), and then add it back in. Since that channel is offered by an OTA broadcaster, they might not even be aware there's an issue if someone doesn't report it directly to them.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
krth101
Level 7

can you tell me the steps to take in order to reboot the system? thank you

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Either unplug it from the wall for at least 30 seconds, or use the Settings/System/System restart menu option. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
krth101
Level 7

tried to delete, re add and reboot but kron still will not load on the ROKU. Their stream is working fine on my PC. Is there a next step I can take?

0 Kudos
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @krth101,

Thanks for the update.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
krth101
Level 7

thank you for the response. what is the easiest way to find the channel support you refer to?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

https://www.kron4.com/contact-us/

Dan
0 Kudos
krth101
Level 7

thank you. i sent them a note. lets see what happens

0 Kudos
krth101
Level 7

Re: kron san francisco update

Spoke with someone at KRON. There is a non issue with the app used on ROKU - they are aware of the situation and are working on it. Thanks for the help pointing me in the right direction.

0 Kudos