Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v1ennetta
Level 7

iwant tfc keeps shutting down

Jump to solution

Tried to watch Showtime on iWant TFC App and got halfway through and it abruptly shut off. Going back to main Roku menu. I tried watched to watch new teleserye and the same thing happened. Is this issue happening to anyone else? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: iwant tfc keeps shutting down

Jump to solution

@KCRRKKprincey @vamelt 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to tfc channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the tfc channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Georg1
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@v1ennetta @Georg1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KCRRKKprincey
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, 

I followed your instructions, but the problem also persists for me.

Do you have a different solution?

0 Kudos
vamelt
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue too. I followed the suggestion of removing channel & resetting Roku. Issue is still happening.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@KCRRKKprincey @vamelt 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to tfc channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the tfc channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ronwalker
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'll be watching the standard channels and every few minutes or even seconds the TV will go to BUFFERING for about a minute then come back  on . On the Roku Channel it doesn't happen. What's the soultion 

0 Kudos
CoChing77
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi just adding my 2 cents - apparently my iwantTFC subscription account is set to a 'free account' on TFC's side despite the fact that I have been paying the  subscription fee.  So this may be related to other posts regarding the app - buffering, requiring an upgrade and now ads interrupting viewing (isn't this why I'm paying the fee to at least be done with ads?).  What I want to know is - is the monthly fee subscribers are paying - essentially access the free content and not the premium account? So that makes the cost of a 'premium access' something like $26.00. Higher that an HBO, Disney or Amazon subscription?  Mind you there is a posted help desk for TFC - but to tell you the truth its nonexistent.  Is like sending an email to a black hole.  So the question is what is the fee that I'm paying through Roku for this iwantTFC subscription? 

Please advise - I would really appreciate it.  TFC is in the crapper I think.

0 Kudos